PDA

View Full Version : Inadyn

Skin
28-09-10, 07:45
Where is inadyn and how i can start it?

Sicilian
28-09-10, 07:51
Goto plugins > Green button to download plugins > Look under extensions > your need extentions-dyndns, select by pressing ok button to install.

Skin
28-09-10, 08:33
I want to configure my no-ip.com service, not dyndns, how can i do it?

Sicilian
28-09-10, 09:10
Try putting you no-ip details into the plugin, see if it works and report back please.

Skin
28-09-10, 09:15
There is an log for this plugin and where i can see it?

Sicilian
28-09-10, 09:18
There is an log for this plugin and where i can see it?

I know as much as you, why dont you FTP into your receiver and take a look round. I've never used it, I use other methods to update my dns.

Sicilian
28-09-10, 09:57
Just tested the plugin, its purely for Dyndns.

do you have a working Inadyn plugin for the Duo?

Skin
28-09-10, 11:59
This works on VTI

http://dreambox.roliaforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23686&d=1280320254

Sicilian
28-09-10, 12:04
This works on VTI

http://dreambox.roliaforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23686&d=1280320254

Can you download the attachment and upload here as I'm not a member there.

Skin
28-09-10, 14:22
Ok, it's in attachement. This is not a plugin, ma one channel service, and need to be started.

Skin
29-09-10, 07:56
I have tried to install it, but I obtain this error:

pooface
29-09-10, 09:28
Here's a manual install that I've used that works perfectly well...

Follow the pdf. It's in german, but should be quite easy to understand...

Skin
29-09-10, 13:29
Thanks, I have made like described in the pdf, but I do not find log in /var/log even if is activated in the script. I have not then understood time 300000 to that modernization frequency refers in time

pooface
29-09-10, 13:34
Thanks, I have made like described in the pdf, but I do not find log in /var/log even if is activated in the script. I have not then understood time 300000 to that modernization frequency refers in time

Have you restarted the box after ftping everything over?! Also, have you made sure you create the link? Also, have you chmod'd the files?

Skin
29-09-10, 15:09
yes to all, you see the log /var/log/inadyn?

pooface
29-09-10, 16:17

Will have to check when I get home... I haven't installed it yet though, so will have to install it first...

Skin
01-10-10, 22:44
Inadyn not work, ip is not update, and this is a great problem

vedovatod
05-10-10, 19:41
I would be interested on using the same plugin (I'm using no-ip and cannot set into the router).
I'm not sure to understand 100% of german text.
I would be really geatful if some one could translate german text in english or post a quick guide to use inadyn.
Thanks in advance

pooface
05-10-10, 20:25
I would be interested on using the same plugin (I'm using no-ip and cannot set into the router).
I'm not sure to understand 100% of german text.
I would be really geatful if some one could translate german text in english or post a quick guide to use inadyn.
Thanks in advance

Basically, upload the "inadyn" file to /usr/bin, and chmod to 755. Edit the "inadyn_script" to put your details in, below is an example:

DAEMON=/usr/bin/inadyn
NAME=inadyn
DESC="InaDyn dynamic DNS Client"
INADYN_ON=1
INADYN_USERNAME=user@address.com
INADYN_PASSWORD=password
INADYN_ALIAS=myaddress.no-ip.com
UPDATE_PERIOD=300000
LOG_FILE_ON=1
LOG_NAME=/var/log/inadyn.log
DYN_SYSTEM_ON=1
DYN_SYSTEM=default@no-ip.com

Then, upload the file to /etc/init.d, and chmod to 755.

Then, telnet in to the box, and type the following:

ln -s /etc/init.d/inadyn_script /etc/rc3.d/S99inadyn

Then, restart your box...

pooface
05-10-10, 20:27

Have just done the above steps that I wrote for my inadyn, and yes, I get the log file...

fintannl
13-10-10, 00:59
have followed this guide. only change i made is setting
default@dyndns.org. unfortunately no log file. also the dyndns plugin does not work on the vti image. causing major grief

pooface
13-10-10, 09:23
have followed this guide. only change i made is setting
default@dyndns.org. unfortunately no log file. also the dyndns plugin does not work on the vti image. causing major grief

Did you put all files in the correct directories, and also chmod to make sure they're 755? Also, I assume you put the correct username/password/hostname etc?! Did you also do the ln command in telnet to create the startup file? Finally, did you restart the box?

I haven't tested the vti image, so I cannot give comment on that. But, for me, in the VIX image, this works perfectly...

Skin
13-10-10, 10:16
I tried dyndns plugin, when you insert data in configuration and click ok, the ip is refresh, but it not refresh ip if it change, only if you return in plugin setting, and click on ok. At this time, the only that works without problems is inadyn, there is my guide in stick for that.

fintannl
13-10-10, 19:27
skin, i agree with your analysis of the dyndns plugin. however your inadyn guide thrashed my vu+. it would not reboot after changes made. thankfully i have a local dm500 which i am now using to update ip with its integrated inadyn plugin. i would really appreciate if one or any Vu+ image (in particular the VIX image which I love) would be able to supply a downloadable inadyn plugin.

Skin
13-10-10, 22:55
I reply to you in my guide sticked.