PDA

View Full Version : TM-800 HD owners to kindly return their product

jusaju
02-12-10, 14:05
News

TM-800 HD Linux
2nd December 2010
To all owners of the TM-800 HD:

We have reprogrammed the CPU in the TM-800 HD in order to better support the software core and application levels. As a result, we are asking all TM-800 HD owners to kindly return their product (complete with remote control) to our Headquarters at:

Technomate Ltd
Unit 11 Nobel Road
Edmonton
London N18 3BH
Tel: 020 8884 0701 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 020 8884 0701 end_of_the_skype_highlighting

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused. We will compensate £8 towards your postage. Please include a copy of your receipt, address and telephone number. Once we receive your TM-800 HD, we will send it out to you within 2 working days. It will be returned to you free-of-charge.

If you are outside the UK, please contact us at: tech@technomate.com or at 0044 20 8884 0701 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 0044 20 8884 0701 end_of_the_skype_highlighting.

We will also update your TM-800 HD to the latest software:

Fixed in 30/11/10 software:
1. No more freezing on HD channels
2. Signal and signal lock have been fixed and also sensitivity has increased
3. OSD speed has been improved
4. Card reader OK
5. Performance improved
6. USB mount fixed
7. Default channel list supported
8. PVR Record & Play fixed (except trick play)

By 6/12/10:
1. PVR trick play
2. AC3 & stereo sound fixed (when AC3 changes to stereo)

By 23/12/10:
1. Web-x TV
2. Media player
3. Network samba
4. Trick play
5. Others

fulabeer
02-12-10, 17:16
Why would they need your remote control?
(i would check this IS Technomates address!)

notanotherone
02-12-10, 17:19

yep it is mate just google technomate

heres the phone number as well
020 88840275

jusaju
02-12-10, 17:30

Hi
At first I check always from official sites these kind of things.
Why you did not check technomate .com it´s also in 1.st message. :) :)

Why remote control..I do not know.And do not call them cause I do not have tm-800.
(eg. earlier Qbox hd changed their remotes if buyers wanted to...but this is not similar case)

sonc
02-12-10, 17:39
If you put the address into Google maps, it actually says Technomate on the map :)

Sicilian
02-12-10, 17:51
I can verify the details above are 100% correct.

bassethound
02-12-10, 18:00
I can verify to this is the correct address i have sent my first tm800 there when it died after 3 days of ownership.

I read on a forum a while back that there are 2 versions of the same remote so they will probably swap out the older ones

abu baniaz
03-12-10, 15:16
I took mine in this morning. I had an hour's wait (three people in front). They've fitted a new cover with a fan although I'm sure they've done more under the bonnet.

bassethound
03-12-10, 15:20
Have you tried out the new image?

pooface
03-12-10, 15:22
I took mine in this morning. I had an hour's wait (three people in front). They've fitted a new cover with a fan although I'm sure they've done more under the bonnet.

If it was only an hours wait, and there were 3 people in front of you, there might not be that much to do. That's 20 minutes per person. They probably just had to swap over the cpu, do a few little wire additions for the fan, and job done... Did you take your remote control in with you? Did they change that at all???

silverfox0786
03-12-10, 23:56
If it was only an hours wait, and there were 3 people in front of you, there might not be that much to do. That's 20 minutes per person. They probably just had to swap over the cpu, do a few little wire additions for the fan, and job done... Did you take your remote control in with you? Did they change that at all???

its possible poo that they have more techies working and it was 1 per techy and it took an hour

to change a cpu thats soldered to the board it intricate work with a solderstation

bassethound
04-12-10, 00:34
All they are doing is Jtagging to reprogramming the processor

silverfox0786
04-12-10, 00:37
All they are doing is Jtagging to reprogramming the processor

oh rite a jtag job i remeber when i used to make them ruddy things using 25pin dsub

rubberduck
05-12-10, 11:49
Have you tried out the new image?

Hi, which is the latest image?

bassethound
05-12-10, 15:48
See first post about putting a new image on the tm800

irishchris
11-12-10, 15:15
would this be modified already if i bought from the site sponsor?

world-of-satellite.co.uk
12-12-10, 07:07
would this be modified already if i bought from the site sponsor?

Yes it would be the latest version with latest software.

qurdina
12-12-10, 11:57
I just received it now it was shipped 10 days ago ,bought from xxxxxxx,do I have to send it back,I just updated the set by network.

rubberduck
14-12-10, 09:31
Do you have any ebay id? I think i bought mine from you but on ebay unless someone is using a very similar name on ebay. Please let me know i need another box in 2 weeks time.

world-of-satellite.co.uk
14-12-10, 12:51
Do you have any ebay id? I think i bought mine from you but on ebay unless someone is using a very similar name on ebay. Please let me know i need another box in 2 weeks time.

Is this question aimed at me? If so, yes we have an ebay ID, but we've never traded satellite goods on ebay. If you want two receivers please send me a PM and I'll see what deal I can sort out for you.

rubberduck
14-12-10, 13:23
I bought one from ebay from a "world of sat 1" i assumed that was you. Anyway i need another receiver which has had the jtaggng done and is "ready" without the known issues. Do you have one in stock? I paid £249 for mine delivered.

world-of-satellite.co.uk
14-12-10, 13:28
I bought one from ebay from a "world of sat 1" i assumed that was you. Anyway i need another receiver which has had the jtaggng done and is "ready" without the known issues. Do you have one in stock? I paid £249 for mine delivered.

Yes in stock, all our orders over £50 are free UK delivery. It will be latest version with Jtagging done ;)

joypad
15-12-10, 00:53
Hello,

I have two questions.
1. What do I do if I cannot find the receipt? I bought the receiver here in Dublin, from a Technomate reseller. I'll see if they can give me a duplicate, but I don't have high hopes.
2. I see big red warnings in the downloads thread, that such and such images are for JTagged receivers only. Does this apply to official downloads from technomatelinux.co.uk? I don't see any warnings on their website.

My receiver is running an old image from August. Doesn't have PVR, or other cool features that have been added recently, and it has problems with image/audio synchronization.

Thanks,
JP

silverfox0786
15-12-10, 01:53
Hello,

I have two questions.
1. What do I do if I cannot find the receipt? I bought the receiver here in Dublin, from a Technomate reseller. I'll see if they can give me a duplicate, but I don't have high hopes.
2. I see big red warnings in the downloads thread, that such and such images are for JTagged receivers only. Does this apply to official downloads from technomatelinux.co.uk? I don't see any warnings on their website.

My receiver is running an old image from August. Doesn't have PVR, or other cool features that have been added recently, and it has problems with image/audio synchronization.

Thanks,
JP

Just dont flash a non jtagged box with a jtagged image for your own safety and i would give tm a call and explain this to them and see what they have to say. They may even offer to jtag it anyway