PDA

View Full Version : New setup 9900 Motorised

blakie8
26-11-11, 14:57
Hi Guys

I'm putting a motorised system up today, before I attempt to lock onto Thor should I update the 9900 box? Someone mentioned you won't find a signal sometimes as they need an update. Should I load the patch and channel list before I track the arc?

cheers

sb

Larry-G
26-11-11, 15:15
Hi Guys

I'm putting a motorised system up today, before I attempt to lock onto Thor should I update the 9900 box? Someone mentioned you won't find a signal sometimes as they need an update. Should I load the patch and channel list before I track the arc?

cheers

sb

yeah why not?. it certainly wont hurt any thing.

chris-k
26-11-11, 16:09
signal has nothing to do with update,,,so you can scan for thor first.
for opening available spiderchannels then yes a patch first is requierd.
if you put in a channellist then the long/lat you enterd before (if you use usals) is changed,and you have to enter yours after loading channellist.
good luck :beer_toast:

Stanman
26-11-11, 16:17
Good luck with the install, you having it done or doing it yourself?

chris-k
26-11-11, 16:27
yes and if its done by yourself then a read in this thread post #2 could help,,,,(remember the nuevoxstream is called ethernet 2-day)

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?7026-spiderbox-free-gift-help&highlight=spiderbox+guide

blakie8
27-11-11, 08:44
I Loaded the patch, when I go to Network settings I press 1111 but can't access the hidden menu. What have I missed?

chris-k
27-11-11, 12:25
did you follow instructions and did factory reset???? quote:Factory Reset before flashing.
Factory Reset also after flashing.....

stand on network (yellow highlited) and keep on pressing 1111 on remote until you can see key edit above network.
then you have opend the hidden menu,,,now you can go in to network and activate the things you want.

blakie8
27-11-11, 13:18
Ah I read a tutorial which told me to go into Network. I'll try it again, I just to have a play with the box on my sky minidish before I get the motorised setup. I'll have another play, thanks for the advice. I'm sure I'll be asking again lol

chris-k
27-11-11, 13:52
it really dont matter where you are in menu when pressing 1111 ,,,only the easiest way i think is the one i told earlier..
when key edit appears you know you did it right....:wave:

blakie8
28-11-11, 09:15
I got as far as dish up, aligned it, found Thor and a few others. So then pulled cable through into loft, clipped the cable and then it got dark. TBC :thumbsup: