PDA

View Full Version : Aspect ratio problem

clem58
22-07-12, 13:30
I have a problem with screen aspect, the free movie channels and older programs are on, i think its 4.3 until the commercials come on, then its full screen. So i choose a program that is on 4.3, i then went into b/room turned on the free sat box ,tuned into the same program and it it was full screen. So obviously its the vu+duo that is the problem. Is there a way to sort this out? erindoors watches old movies a lot. Thanks in advance for replies.

Rob van der Does
22-07-12, 13:41
What are your aspect ratio settings?
Is this on HD- or SD-channels?

Larry-G
22-07-12, 13:42
menu> setup> system ( the top heading i think it's audio / video or something like that ) change both options to just scan. / just scale ( sorry for being vague as i'm at work and no where near a box to verify ).

be aware however that there are certain programs such as old episodes of the simpsons that when viewed on sky 1 HD for example will always have thick black bars down each side, This is placed there by sky and there is nothing you can do to remove them.

clem58
22-07-12, 18:17
What are your aspect ratio settings?
Is this on HD- or SD-channels?

Sorry, i just read that back, not very explanatory. I have the tv set at "just scan" never was an issue before, b/room tv is the same. I tried (through the tv) changing the aspect ratio to different settings, but got same out come. As pheonix said in his post, some older programs are broadcast that way. So when issy complained about it i tried to prove her wrong, but she was right, the bars are left and right of the main tv but not b/room one. Pheonix gave me a tip, I'll try that see what happens. Thanks for your posts folks.:thumbsup:

Thanks again job done, all pic's are fine.:)