PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] On screen display problem

Rahat786786
21-11-12, 00:33
I updated to the latest stable vix build and now for some reason the GUI when I press OK is too big and a bit to the bottom. Previously my TV was set to 16:9 but I have set it to Just Scale now and it is sort of like it used to be. Don't know why it is doing this, checked OSD settings and everything was set to default like usual.

judge
21-11-12, 00:43
Not meaning to be rude, but 186 posts & you don't know how to use a basic search function?
This issue is covered in hundreds of posts, sadly.
Over Scan on the TV, if you can't fix that, try Menu -> Setup -> System -> User Interface -> Position Setup.
Should get you sorted, although with a workaround rather than a proper fix.

Rahat786786
21-11-12, 01:05
That is what I am trying to say, it was perfect before and there is no over scan on my TV I think. Why would I have to manually position the frame when it was perfect before?:confused:

Larry-G
21-11-12, 01:08
Did this happen during the actual update ? IE it was fine and you updated and it was not ?. It is possible that due to changes made in the image that the OSD position also needed to be reset in the same way as the second info bar was. or then again has someone messed with your settings on the TV or Box that you were unaware of ?.

Rahat786786
21-11-12, 01:13
I'm pretty sure the tv and box settings have not been messed with, in any case I checked over them and everything is how it used to be. I have also reset the OSD to default but with aspect ratio of 16:9 the image cuts out still.

Rahat786786
22-11-12, 00:01
The thing is with 16 9 ratio the picture is perfect and fits on screen only the menus are outstretched in all directions.

Mr. Mister
22-11-12, 00:05
Menu > Set Up > System > User Interface > OSD Set Up

Change anything you need changed in there to fix your problem..

Rahat786786
22-11-12, 01:21
Yep, I have got the OSD to my liking now but am just wondering why it chose to happen all of a sudden after an update. Perhaps something is changed in the way the GUI works. I am on build 430 now and have no Power Manager anymore.

judge
22-11-12, 01:26
Yep, I have got the OSD to my liking now but am just wondering why it chose to happen all of a sudden after an update. Perhaps something is changed in the way the GUI works. I am on build 430 now and have no Power Manager anymore.

Power Manager is now Power Timers, Menu -> Timers -> Power Timers.

Rob van der Does
29-11-12, 07:07
Moved to the correct section.