PDA

View Full Version : crossepg hanging

den169
05-03-13, 12:52
Just updated to vix 3.0.600 Now when i press the blue button then crossepg to start the update it gets to parsing then hangs doesn't move any further,I have to reboot machine.Now if i go to plugins and press crossepg downloader it does download the latest epg.Also not updating daily as it should i suspect its the same problem.Any .So each day when i switch on the epg is half missing.Any ideas.

josh_g
05-03-13, 13:16
mine was doing this for a while and wouldn't do the update bit so i changed provider to rytec and it started to work again.

update to build 623 and have ago as i am off rytek and back on cool tv and is working fine

den169
05-03-13, 13:48
Which rytek josh uk xmltv or xmltv bbc.

josh_g
05-03-13, 13:54
xmltv.. i had them running in tandem and it worked well then wen i updated to the new 623 build got rid of rytek and just using cool

den169
05-03-13, 14:20
Nope tried it same.

garyblas
05-03-13, 14:22
Just updated to vix 3.0.600 Now when i press the blue button then crossepg to start the update it gets to parsing then hangs doesn't move any further,I have to reboot machine.Now if i go to plugins and press crossepg downloader it does download the latest epg.Also not updating daily as it should i suspect its the same problem.Any .So each day when i switch on the epg is half missing.Any ideas.

Had this problem a long time ago. In my case it was the boquet had changed and some channel info was no longer their so epg hung. Redid my bouquet and all was fine.. Just a thought check your bouquet channels

josh_g
05-03-13, 14:24
Nope tried it same.

Have you tried updating to the next build?

Also try deleting what ever info for epg you currently have from USB stick and try running it again

den169
05-03-13, 14:33
Well i thought that hadn't worked,But i forgot to reboot it took a while but did update all channels through the blue button then crossepg.Just hope it updates daily now.

den169
05-03-13, 14:37
Have you tried updating to the next build?

Also try deleting what ever info for epg you currently have from USB stick and try running it again

Do you mean Vix next build i thought i was on the latest.3.0.600.
I'll see if it keeps the epg listings and updates tomorrow if it does i'll back up and leave it.

josh_g
05-03-13, 15:05
latest build is 623 the first update in a while.. im glad its working for now and have my fingers crossed for it working 2moz!!

den169
05-03-13, 18:08
Damn been out a couple of hours and lost all channels on the epg apart from fta ones,The only reason i updated to vix 3 was because i couldn't get sgt flipflops to work, Seems this is the same.I updated bootloader too.
Is it worth trying to save epg to the hdd instead of a usb,Thats where it was saved with flipflops and worked fine for best part of a year.

Rob van der Does
05-03-13, 18:31
Guys, please:
1- EPG to HDD or USB makes no difference at all
2- Rytec/Cross and Cool have nothing in common; the first are for obtaining data and the second for showing them
3- It has been advised over and over: if using Cross please use a swap-file as well if you're using one of the lower-memory boxes (such as Solo and DUO).
4- If you want to use Rytec do so via the XMLTV-importer, not via Cross. Cross is good for Open-TV

dfdream
06-03-13, 11:10
Rob had been using rytec for months now on solo and duo on XMLTV-importer and all fine.
They had a issue with sources in Rytec so I said I have a go at crossepg.
I set the swap and rebooted. then did uk download.
It switched channel to DVB service (music) and went starting download..listing channels (or something like that) then downloaded a few mbs and parsed abd switched back channel and all OK.
Today though it went starting downloader (never switched channel) and then said loading... Spinning logo for 3-4 mins with frozen screen. then all came back but nothing had updated.

Does it not have to switch to DVB service channel first to download ? Is there any way to see what happened ?

I think Rytec is the best for the lower powered boxes but its annoying on irish channels the epg is only 5 days (regularly goes to 3 days even though all other UK channels are 7 days) even though the sources used are at least 7. If you want to set an autotimer for next week for a program that just finished then you cant on 5 days epg with 7 days epg its easy... I have asked about the extra 2 days epg but never got a reason why it cant be done when the source has the 7 days...

Guys, please:
1- EPG to HDD or USB makes no difference at all
2- Rytec/Cross and Cool have nothing in common; the first are for obtaining data and the second for showing them
3- It has been advised over and over: if using Cross please use a swap-file as well if you're using one of the lower-memory boxes (such as Solo and DUO).
4- If you want to use Rytec do so via the XMLTV-importer, not via Cross. Cross is good for Open-TV

den169
08-03-13, 17:44
Well after getting a full backup off a m8 i still couldn't get the epg to download and stay there.But i started again yesterday and installed the very latest vix 3 build and so far its still ok,It updated this morning only thing is after the update the box stays on and doesn't go back into standby,The other thing the sound is off on that channel,If i change channels then back its fine,Is this normal.How often do you guys set it to download is every day not needed i was thinking once a week should be ok.