PDA

View Full Version : vu duo to windows 8 pc network?

zenith
13-03-13, 19:39
hi does anybody know if it is possible to share my hdd on windows 8 pc with vu duo through network router and if so how to go about it?
any help on this would be very much appreciated as i have`nt the foggiest if the truth be known hence the question.:confused:

Larry-G
13-03-13, 19:43
go into your network settings page on the receiver and click on samba, when asked if you want to install click yes. once this has installed and the box reboots you should be good to go.

zenith
13-03-13, 20:16
go into your network settings page on the receiver and click on samba, when asked if you want to install click yes. once this has installed and the box reboots you should be good to go.
is there anything else i should do for my vu to see the pc and folders?
thanks for current advice though.

judge
13-03-13, 20:34
Once samba is installed, go to:
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> Mounts Setup -> Network Browser
and you should be able to mount any shares you create on your PC.

zenith
13-03-13, 20:51
Once samba is installed, go to:
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> Mounts Setup -> Network Browser
i can see my workgroup but when i try to open it nothing happens?

zenith
14-03-13, 00:17

do i mount it up as cifs or nfs?

zenith
14-03-13, 00:17

do i mount it up as cifs or nfs?

zenith
17-03-13, 15:52
sorry about this but i have still not managed to get this sorted any help please on this at all?

zenith
18-03-13, 13:25
hi again can anybody please tyell me how i should mount my pc win 8 hdd through network please if possible.
thanks

Alec
18-03-13, 23:58
hi again can anybody please tyell me how i should mount my pc win 8 hdd through network please if possible.
thanks

Have you setup samba? And if so can your PC see your Sat box? And if yes: Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> Mounts Setup -> Network Browser
and you should be able to see the files. You just choose what to mount and press okay.

zenith
19-03-13, 00:04
Have you setup samba? And if so can your PC see your Sat box? And if yes: Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> Mounts Setup -> Network Browser
hi all i see when i go to network browser is my pc name and when i press it to expand folders nothing!
pc does not see my sat box neither.
any help on this is much appreciated.

zenith
21-03-13, 10:54
hi all i see when i go to network browser is my pc name and when i press it to expand folders nothing!
pc does not see my sat box neither.
any help on this is much appreciated.
all i seem to get is my box seeing my pc but not being able to expand the folder when opened.
any help at all on this please if possible:)

zenith
13-04-13, 15:25
still not able to connect to box folder on this have latest build(649) can see the box on network on pc windows 8 and open folders but cant do it from satellite box?
just see my pc in browser but cant expand folder?
does anybody know where i am going wrong at all?

mickyblueys
13-04-13, 17:50
Have you set any folders on you're pc to share?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

zenith
14-04-13, 01:52
Have you set any folders on you're pc to share?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

yes but nothing comes up when collapse my pc on duo receiver!
no passwords on folder neither.
just sees my pc name on browser search.
baffled?:confused:

Maxwell
14-04-13, 07:21
your shared folders should show up in mediaplayer>locations, they are not needed in network browser

Have a read here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?15974-How-To-Setting-up-Windows-Network-Share

zenith
14-04-13, 12:33
your shared folders should show up in mediaplayer>locations, they are not needed in network browser

Have a read here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?15974-How-To-Setting-up-Windows-Network-Share

i look in there but only see the locations i know (root,hdd)already i can see my pc under /mnt/net/pc/ but no folder after that and have used the windows share program to share too?

zenith
01-05-13, 21:14
have to say thank you to bubbleballs for the solution to accessing folder on pc

When I use Network Browser my PC will not expand. However, in Mount Points Management i can see that the share is active.

try
Menu/setup/system/network/mounts setup/mount manager/add new network mount point
mount using...........FSTAB
active...................enable
Local share name....what ever pc is named in network browser
mount type............CIFS
server ip................Your pc ip
server share...........Name of the folder you want to share. Do not use / or \ or any file pathways. Simply type the exact name of the folder you set as share.
use as hdd.............no
Mount options.........rw,utf8
username................this is the name you gave to your pc when you first set it up.
password................this is the password of your pc user account, the one you use to log into your windows account

when thats all done should all be mounted then go to wherever your recordings are press yellow button for location and folder should be there!
thank you again to bubbleballs for this.