PDA

View Full Version : nickjr problems

colin882
17-03-13, 15:02
hi all im having a issue wiv nickeloden channels that they wont fit in my screen they are srunk so watchable but not rite anyone else had this issue?

thanks

ps on vix image

manicscrewdriver
17-03-13, 16:36
Certain programs on Nick Jr are broadcast like that. I get that on some programs on Nick Jr on most of my boxes. Its not just confined to the Vu+ Duo or the VIX image.

I get that sometimes on my nBox 5800s running PKT Nebula. Its one you may just have to put up with. Try altering the picture settings on your receiver or your TV.

Nano

Larry-G
17-03-13, 17:03
as nano says this is not a image thing but it's how the program is broadcast in a effort to stop it being distorted on the receivers end, the same thing happens on sky 1 HD with older episodes of the simpsons. there is nothing you can do abut it.

colin882
17-03-13, 21:02
nice 1 thanks, thought id ask as im new to the duo scene and wanted to check it weren settings or anything.

thanks again tho

mickyblueys
17-03-13, 21:13
My daughter watches this channel regularly, and I've noticed it goes out of audio sync quite allot also. Just incase you notice.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

manicscrewdriver
17-03-13, 22:07
Never had an issue with Audio sync on this channel at all on any of my boxes.

Which receiver and image are you using.

Nano

mickyblueys
17-03-13, 22:30
It's not the receiver its the channel......

manicscrewdriver
17-03-13, 22:42
Nick Jr or Nick Jr 2 is more or less on in my house from when the kids getup in the morning before they go to school and also after school until they go to bed.

I've never noticed the audio out of sync at all on either of my Linux boxes or in the Sky+ box. I know some of the older E1 boxes suffer from audio sync problems which is why i asked about which receiver you had even though your sig states Vu+ Duo. I don't list all my receivers, only some of them.

Nano

mickyblueys
18-03-13, 08:58
It's defo out of sync on occasions, when my daughter watches, "good luck Charlie, icarly, wizards of Waverly place.....etc....." I often grab the remote and change channels to check there sync and they are fine. Then go back to Nick Jr and straight out of sync again. Doesn't bother my daughter though.....she's seen every episode a billion times anyway.:)

manicscrewdriver
20-03-13, 20:32
No issues here on any of the Nickelodeon channels including Nick Jr, Nick Jr+1 or Nick Jr 2.

I have asked my daughter and son to check over the last few days and both of them have told me they haven't noticed the audio going out of sync. My daughter has been using her nBox 5800sx with PKT Nebula and my son has been using his Gigablue 800Se with OpenVIX 3.0.

Are you using the English or Irish version. I'm not doubting what you are saying as i know it does sometimes happen, but upto now i have not been able to recreate the same issue on the English version of all three Nick Jr channels.

Is it doing it on both of your Vu+ Duo boxes?

Nano

mickyblueys
21-03-13, 09:05
Does it on both.....but don't worry, not sure if it has happened recently, never noticed or heard my daughter complain. They may have rectified the issue. I was just fore warning people. It happens on my official sly hd box as well, I should have said that earlier.

Madcustomer
28-03-13, 09:17
I've lost the Nickelodeon channels much to little misses disgust! Service ID not found?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Stanman
28-03-13, 11:50
What image, What build? Autobouquetmaker?

Madcustomer
28-03-13, 13:12
Image is OpenVix 3.0 build 620 and am using Autobouquetmaker, I was due to upgrade to 623 build so will do that anyway and see if it rectifies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

satmanbasil
28-03-13, 15:37
Hi mate

You could try in the setup a/v menu to choose 4.3 to scale to size I noticed on looking at 23east a few discovery channels the DOG was off the screen so changed the setting and it pulled it onto screen.
Could be to do with old programming made in 4.3 which does not fit most wide screen tv's that are on the market these days.

Madcustomer
28-03-13, 16:05
Thank you for the advice, I had another issue running as well which was to do with my new ISP just gone on to FTTC broadband so bye bye 8mb connection and welcome 63mb downspeed! Once I ran the wifi bridge setup again to point it to the new router IP address range I ran the software setup on the Duo box and everything is back.
So the channel loss was purely down to lack of internet connection i think.

Now I can't seem to connect to the Duo via FTP or Chrome browser but I shall keep on playing!

Madcustomer
28-03-13, 16:06
And sorry for thread hijack :o