PDA

View Full Version : Motorised dish

toooner
27-05-13, 21:03
So I've got my solo2 up and running with 28.2e and it's fantastic. I'm hoping someone with a bit of knowledge would be kind enough to answer a few questions please:

1) My friend who installs dishes tells me that having a motorised dish is a bad idea but I really like the idea of being able to switch between sats, especially to get different footy games on obscure channels. Do they give a lot of problems?

2) If I do go motorised do I have to set up bouquets for the different sats I use and download EPG data for each sat? Is this very difficult to get set up right?

3) Should I mount it on a pole to get 360 degrees or is there not much point? I'm in Northern Ireland.

4) Can I calibrate the dish using my solo2 once it's up or do you have to calibrate it as you install it?

Thanks in advance
tooner

abu baniaz
27-05-13, 22:01
What I would recommed is:
Tuner A. Fixed dish
Tuner B. Fixed dish and and Motor combined using a diseqc switch.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?22414-How-to-combine-a-fixed-and-a-motorised-dish-to-one-coax

2. I download Vhannibals list and run Autobouquets on top. You dont have to set anything up on the bouquets unless you want to.
3.You wont get 360 degrees. Aim to get as wide as possible.
4.You calibrate whilst installing.