PDA

View Full Version : [ET9x00] Channel Selector Fault when scrolling up / down??

Flyingpig
18-03-14, 22:01
Hello All,

Just done a fresh install of this image and installed VHannibals motor (latest) and then ran Autoboquets (Selected HD swap, Granada Region). I have typed in 103 on my remote and it takes me to Granada HD (which is correct) I push up on the remote and it takes me to ITV2 +1 instead of Channel 4?

I push down and it takes me to channel 5 +1??

Any ideas?

Thanks,

FP.

abu baniaz
18-03-14, 22:16
What bouquet were you in? Press EPG to confirm. The channel could be in at least three bouquets. Numbering, Entertainment and any other in Vhannibal's one.

Also what image build number?
What date of Vhannibal's settings?

Thanks.

Flyingpig
18-03-14, 22:18
I am sure I put the image and build number in the right place before posting..... Hmmm... I.T. nightmare night for me....

Zues 005

I have reinstalled Vhannibal and ran another autoboquets - done the same again... I then rebooted my box and it seems okay now.....??

abu baniaz
18-03-14, 22:53
AutoBouquets and ABM work slightly different to conventional channel lists.

I normally delete the 28.2 bouquets from Vhannibal's and slightly re-arrange before transferring.

Rob van der Does
19-03-14, 05:51
How did you install VHannibals settings? If via an ipk or setting editor or FTP you should restart E2 after doing that and before running ABM.

andyblac
19-03-14, 11:20
Hello All,

Just done a fresh install of this image and installed VHannibals motor (latest) and then ran Autoboquets (Selected HD swap, Granada Region). I have typed in 103 on my remote and it takes me to Granada HD (which is correct) I push up on the remote and it takes me to ITV2 +1 instead of Channel 4?

I push down and it takes me to channel 5 +1??

Any ideas?

Thanks,

FP.

ABM does not use numbers in channel names, also, there is a setting in menu to choose to have alpha or numbers on first press, irc alpha is default, so pressing 103, would actually be doing the alpha version. IF your bouquets had numbers in there name you need to first make the jump setting to 'numbers', but as you are using ABM just start typing the name of the channel you want, i.e. '444' 'pause' '8' pause '888' pause, it should just you to the first 'ITV' i.e. 103.

hope this helps.

Flyingpig
19-03-14, 18:57
Hello ALl,

Just recreated the exact same problem again to test I wasnt going mad.

Installed Zeus 005, then installed Vhannibal motor - the ran Autoboquets as said with HD swap for Granada region. I typed in 103 and went to ITV HD - which is correct, I press the EPG and next in the EPG is Channel 4 above, and BBC2 below - again which is correct and as it should be.

However, when I press the channel up button it takes me to ITV2+1 instead of Channel 4 and when I press down it goes to C5+1 instead of BBC2.

I do a full reboot and it is okay and as it should be and all works correctly.

I have never previously had to do this with the prevoius image and maybe it is worth advising a reboot after first installation of channel lists. Dont know if its Vhannibal or ABM that caused the issue, just glas it is working as normal and it should.

andyblac
19-03-14, 19:03
Hello ALl,

Just recreated the exact same problem again to test I wasnt going mad.

Installed Zeus 005, then installed Vhannibal motor - the ran Autoboquets as said with HD swap for Granada region. I typed in 103 and went to ITV HD - which is correct, I press the EPG and next in the EPG is Channel 4 above, and BBC2 below - again which is correct and as it should be.

However, when I press the channel up button it takes me to ITV2+1 instead of Channel 4 and when I press down it goes to C5+1 instead of BBC2.

I do a full reboot and it is okay and as it should be and all works correctly.

I have never previously had to do this with the prevoius image and maybe it is worth advising a reboot after first installation of channel lists. Dont know if its Vhannibal or ABM that caused the issue, just glas it is working as normal and it should.

did you move around bouquets before trying to key in numbers, lists are held in memory, so unless you move around, the first currently open bouquet would have been the one held in RAM, next time try pressing BLUE for favourites then choose another, and then go back.

Flyingpig
19-03-14, 19:20
Thanks Andy - no I never selected any channel. Literally transferred Vhannibals motor list using DBE, then ran ABM without selecting a channel, then went to Granada HD, which is channel 103.