PDA

View Full Version : Crossepg not working

fintannl
21-06-14, 20:47
Very strange. Have had crossepg working on every image including Zeus, Helios and then i went to Apollo it didn't work. So I reverted to Helios and the Zeus and it still didn't work. Any ideas?

fintannl
21-06-14, 21:46
Flashed to Apollo008 and still the same. Did not retain any settings of previous image but still no crossepg

abu baniaz
21-06-14, 22:09
Can you expand on the problem? What exact settings are you using? Any errors?

fintannl
21-06-14, 23:01
Settings are as they have been for donkey years. Hhowever if I press blue button and crossepg downloaded I get starting download an at the end loading. Normally I get downloading titles the downloading summaries. Very strange. Shud I send my box back to wos

abu baniaz
21-06-14, 23:50
Shud I send my box back to wos

You should post exactly what setup you have. You have probably made an error somewhere. If both tuners are working fine, there is nothing wrong with the receiver.

Good luck.

norhap
22-06-14, 00:09
Settings are as they have been for donkey years. Hhowever if I press blue button and crossepg downloaded I get starting download an at the end loading. Normally I get downloading titles the downloading summaries. Very strange. Shud I send my box back to wos

if you use crossepg for Rytec sources, best not to use a plugin between, using direct sources rytec.(XMLTV.import).these errors can save.

fintannl
22-06-14, 07:19
Ook, its clear and obvious that is a unique problem to me. Must be a hardware failure. Will plug in extra USB stick, format, and see if its a media issue.

Larry-G
22-06-14, 07:29
Ook, its clear and obvious that is a unique problem to me. Must be a hardware failure. Will plug in extra USB stick, format, and see if its a media issue.

No disrespect intended nor do I wish to cause offence, but if your tuners are working, IE you are able to tune into satellite channels then you do not have a hardware failure and therefore have no reason to return the unit back to WoS. as abu baniaz has already asked, we need to know your exact EPG setup in order to provide further help.

Andy_Hazza
22-06-14, 08:48
Create a swap file also as you have a Vu+ Duo. This will help things.

Andy_Hazza
22-06-14, 09:01
Try these settings;

Menu > Setup > System > EPG > CrossEPG > Configure > Schedule download once a day at say 04:15 and green button to save.
Then while still in CrossEPG > OpenTV providers > Select Sky UK OpenTV and green button to save.
Now exit once to EPG > Settings > Select /media/hdd/ for your EPG location and then green button to save.
Now exit all the way out to your picture, whatever you are watching, press the blue button and select option 1 (CrossEPG Downloader)

:thumbsup:

Before running CrossEPG Downloader I would setup a swapfile though. That can be found in > blue button > ViX > Swap Manager, blue button to create, select your hard drive as location and go for the 256mb option. When done make sure its active and has agreen tick showing.

:D

Andy_Hazza
22-06-14, 16:29
Did you try what I suggested?

fintannl
22-06-14, 21:36
Problem solved guys. Phoenix guided me to the tuner. Double checked cabling. The sat cable into tuner b had fallen out. Its rather strange that the modern crossepg will not download off tuner a?

abu baniaz
22-06-14, 21:39
It tries not to interrupt your viewing. If you had disabled tuner B, it would use tuner A.

fintannl
23-06-14, 17:41
Thanks to all for the help. Had been a bit puzzled about the behaviour of crossepg so thanks for explaining that. In my case both my tuners are configured to 28.2. Guess if I had a motorized setup on the second tuner and that tuner wasn't pointed at 28.2 then tuner a would switch to the radio channel and download on that tuner. Thanks again

Larry-G
23-06-14, 17:46
yes our CrossEPG is configured to always use a free tuner where one is available, if it cant find a free tuner it will default back to tuner A and will briefly black out the screen while it does it's thing. if it can find a free tuner it will just show you a small info bar as it does it's thing.

abu baniaz
23-06-14, 18:51
Thanks to all for the help. Had been a bit puzzled about the behaviour of crossepg so thanks for explaining that. In my case both my tuners are configured to 28.2. Guess if I had a motorized setup on the second tuner and that tuner wasn't pointed at 28.2 then tuner a would switch to the radio channel and download on that tuner. Thanks again

It no longer tunes to the radio channel, it tunes to that transponder. So you don't hear anything.

AFAIK, the motorised dish would move and your viewing would not be interrupted.

DaMacFunkin
23-06-14, 19:20
Mmm depends where your dish was last parked, if mine is parked on 30w crossepg can timeout before the dish gets round there, luckily with all my tuners and feeds it very rarely happens.

fintannl
24-06-14, 00:38
OK, that sucks as a crossepg feature. Why would I want my motorized dish to move to take care of an EPG download that my primary tuner can do. Is it gravitating on my patience that I can't change channel for a minute while process is completed. Not in the slightest. Some things need to be kept simple and crossepg is such a wonderful feature it doesn't need to be complicated

abu baniaz
24-06-14, 01:14
Bottom line is that Cross EPG downloader needs a free tuner to accomplish its task for opentv download.

As to your concerns, it depends on your priorities. Almost everyone is in favour of EPG download process not interrupting their viewing. This was asked for many times. The old way of doing it was that viewing would cease while it downloaded, this still happens with single tuner receivers.

Some people schedule their downloads at times when they would not be viewing. And some people combine their 28.2 dish with their motor so dish never has to move to 28.2.

Please feel free to design a method of downloading EPG data from the satellite without using a tuner. It would be most appreciated. We look forward to the marvels of your simple, ingenious and revolutionary solution.

golfeagle16
08-07-14, 21:04
worked a treat Andy, many thanks for your help