PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Endless Problems

Redrage19
22-01-15, 00:01
After haviing a very smooth first 3 months of owning a Vu+ Duo, I ran into some problems recently. In mid december my EPG totally blanked and when updated it lost most of the channels and would only show radio programme info. I reflashed the box with the latest vix and used a back up which worked fine for up to a week. Then the fault would kick in again, so I would run the back up and recover my epg and channels. Then last week I kept getting an erro saying that feeds were down and couldn't restore the back up as it would drop mid way through. A network test showed I didn't have an internet signal. So I plugged the network cable into my laptop only to find that the cable and internet connection are perfectly fine. I took the box to my brothers and we were able to connect to the internet and reflash the box and save a new back up. This worked back in my place until the EPG did an auto update and crashed the whole thing again. Now I keep getting an error when I try to back up or download the EPG etc. I haven't got a clue how to fix this thing. It worked perfectly for 3-4 months and I hadn't changed any of the settings or added any new plugins before this fault started. Does anyone know what is going on with this box? I had a problem with my router before the last crash episode and had to get reconfigure it with assistance from the provider... I am wondering if they have changed a setting in there that doesn't cooperate well with the Vu+ - but this is a total guess.

judge
22-01-15, 00:07
What EPG do you actually need? What channels/sats do you have access to?

Redrage19
22-01-15, 10:55
I use cross EPG and when it updates I am left with only free to air channels and sometimes only radio.

Rob van der Does
22-01-15, 12:16
Moved to this section.

Please read this thread HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33154-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section-coming-soon!)

Please activate a SWAP-file and see if that helps.

stevesom
23-01-15, 11:43
Epg stored in flash or usb hdd?