PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] upgrade xbmc

2stein
16-07-15, 08:07
i installed an xbmc plugin in the xbmc lauch e2 plugin. but after installation the status says incompatible. so i suspect that the xbmc version is too backlevel.
is there a way to upgrade xbmc to a more current level?

casuk
16-07-15, 09:14
Its called kodi direct youll get it from feeds

2stein
16-07-15, 09:45
thanks... what's the difference between "launch xbmc" and "kodi direct"? just 2 plugins from different developers?

mobileman
16-07-15, 10:26
thanks... what's the difference between "launch xbmc" and "kodi direct"? just 2 plugins from different developers?

same developers (well most of them) just change name while back as its more than just xbox media centre, think of it as a rebrand

2stein
16-07-15, 10:30
ah ok, then maybe the "launch xbmc" plugin should be removed from the feeds.

Trial
16-07-15, 18:18
Hi,
I think you mean two completely different things.

XBMC with the launcher is the real (almost) complete XBMC from VU and an update to Kodi is in the hands of VU.
Kodi direct is a wrapper for E2 so that some of the XBMC-/Kodi-addons can be used and this is from pcd.

ciao

2stein
17-07-15, 09:11
yes, completely different.
tried kodi direct now. i like the automatic updates... latest level... but a lot of things don't work (yet)... hope that things will improve over time.

2stein
25-07-15, 12:51
well, after playing around a bit, it think i like the vu xbmc plugin better because it's a complete xbmc/kodi.
unfortunately it's back level...
and "live tv" doesn't work either. i'd assume that zapping should work a lot better as backend and frontend are on the same box.
hope that vu will provide continuous builds that keep the plugin in sync with kodi releases.