PDA

View Full Version : Network setup

Steviep_1969
29-12-15, 12:55
Hi
I posted many days ago, and cant find the thread.
So here goes again.
I have a VU+ 2 Solo box. A new 'up in the air' service provider with new router. I can't get the network to work so the VU+ doesn't go online. I've used DHCP and manual configurations. I've discovered the mac address is all zeros. So I need to know what it should be. I can tune some channels and not others, which is why I think it needs to go on the internet. Long story.
Anyone help.
I have a screen shot somewhere of the settigns, hang on.

Hope you can help

Ashley69
29-12-15, 13:12
I'm sure the problem is you have no mac address. Try typing one in. Just use any combination. Worth a Try. Mac addresses usually come up automatic when you connect to the internet. I'm not fully au-fait on how mac addresses work so I might be wrong.

DaMacFunkin
29-12-15, 13:19
I'm sure the Mac address should be on a label on the box if the box is genuine.

abu baniaz
29-12-15, 13:20
Routers need to identify a device, they do so by the MAC address. If your device does not have a MAC address, you will have issues. There are ways to repair it, not sure how to do it exactly, so you will have to search. The OpenATV image has a way of assigning a MAC address, but that is a temporary measure.

You are better off leaving everything on DHCP until you resolve your issue.

P.S,
This is where you were posting
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?7927-whats-my-nameserver&p=386576&viewfull=1#post386576

abu baniaz
29-12-15, 13:24
The MAC address will be printed on a label on the receiver/packaging.

adm
29-12-15, 13:25
There is probably a label on the bottom/bacck of the box with the MAC address of the box (and an associated bar code)

Are you sure that the problem is not at the router end of the link. I only allow boxes/computers/printers etc. with known MAC addresses to access my router. I had to manually add the MAC address of my box to my routers configuration before it would connect.

abu baniaz
29-12-15, 13:39
There is probably a label on the bottom/bacck of the box with the MAC address of the box (and an associated bar code)

Are you sure that the problem is not at the router end of the link. I only allow boxes/computers/printers etc. with known MAC addresses to access my router. I had to manually add the MAC address of my box to my routers configuration before it would connect.
Yes. But that would not cause the receiver to display 0s for the MAC address.