PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Using the Sundtek MediaTV Pro with vix

stu_iow
11-09-16, 09:26
Hi all
I wish to add a DVB-T2 dual tuner to my openvix Duo2.

Now, the Sundtek MediaTV Pro looks ideal. Ive posted before asking about it.

One question that i can't seem to find an answer too is, is it a dual tuner?

I see there is extra functionality to these new Sundtek's in regard to the "streaming server", how does that affect functionality to the openvix system?

Will i get to use its future ability for DAB? Can i use it as a DVB-T2 dual tuner?

Ive emailed Sundtek but had no reply, they're probably busy adding more features.

Cheers all,
Stu

grantdavey91
12-09-16, 11:39
Are you talking about this tuner ?

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/USB-Digital-Tuners/Sundtek-MediaTV-Digital-Home-USB-Tuner-Cable-Terrestrial-HD-DVB-C-T-T2

If so I believe it is single; I'm not absolutely 100% sure as I've never used this particular one, however there is no source on the net for this model to say that it is dual.

Just seems to be a switchable tuner DVB-C/DVB-T

I have had the VU+ USB Turbo Tuner but I swapped it for an internal tuner on the Duo2 as I had nothing but issues with the box with it installed and in use.

Don't let this ultimately sway you away from USB tuners though, I know that there is far much more knowledge/support on forums with regards to the Sundtek one.

stu_iow
12-09-16, 12:02
It's this one i am talking about, it has a "pro" in the name of it.

http://sundtek.com/shop/Digital-TV-Sticks-oxid/Sundtek-MediaTV-Pro-DVB-C/T/T2-FM-Radio-AnalogTV.html

My Duo2 has 4 satellite tuners internally so i am out of space inside, not got other options unfortunately, USB it is.

DaMacFunkin
12-09-16, 12:56
That is not a Dual Tuner, it will only tune one channel at a time.
Before Christmas sundtek told me they where testing dual tuners both for sat and cable/terrestrial, the last I heard there was driver problems for the android platform, but that was ages ago.
They have obviously had to go back to design.

grantdavey91
12-09-16, 13:54

http://sundtek.com/shop/Digital-TV-Sticks-oxid/Sundtek-MediaTV-Pro-DVB-C/T/T2-FM-Radio-AnalogTV.html

My Duo2 has 4 satellite tuners internally so i am out of space inside, not got other options unfortunately, USB it is.

I suppose it all depends if you really need all 4 that are internal; the reason i bought the turbo tuner was because when i bought the duo2 from wos shop i had it confgured as 1 x twin dvb-s and 1 x single dvb-s - with this set up i could record 2 sat channels whilst watching another; in the end after lots of thinking i decided to get rid of the turbo tuner, and replace it with a twin hybrid dvb-c / dvb-t switchable internal tuner, which is dual and can record 1 channel and watch another with just one feed, so in effect haven't really lost out on the amount of channels i can record whilst watching another; if anything its a little better because now i have 2x dvb-s feeds and the one feed for dvb-c on the hybrid which enables 2x record on sat, 1 x record on cable and watch another cable, or vice versa - 2x record on cable, 1x record on sat, watch another sat - and if 2 progs on same sat/cable transaponder can record that too

Stanman
13-09-16, 11:02
If you can internal is always better.

I have USB T2 and S2 and driver become an issue with kernel updates.
T2 from the sponsor is not bad price for internals on VU range

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

tappari
13-09-16, 11:49

I have two of those in ET10000 connected directly to usb-ports, two in Duo2 connected via usb-hub and one in Solo SE V2 connected via usb-hub.
Works fine.