PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Any exciting features in VIX 5?

2stein
02-03-17, 14:25
i see in git that vix 5 is about to launch... are there any exciting new features in there?
thanks.

ccs
02-03-17, 15:20
...let's turn it on its head, what exciting new features would you like to see?

bellejt
02-03-17, 15:32
possible to change channels when importing EPG with crossepg. First new feature was that advance was made in top off screen but still not possible to change channel when importing.Now only possible trough webif.

2stein
02-03-17, 15:54
...let's turn it on its head, what exciting new features would you like to see?
no, let's not go there... just some info about what's going to be in version 5 is fine. :-)

ccs
02-03-17, 16:01
.... well my guess would be nothing exciting, apart from the addition of a couple of new boxes, which might excite people who've got them.

abu baniaz
02-03-17, 16:15
Here is one.....

You can watch TV.

garryboy
02-03-17, 16:31
Is that all Abu.

Was hoping it would be able to make dinner. Wash the dishes and do my yearly tax returns.

If I could have anything practical in new vix it would be when adding a recording via EPG on a future day it would stay on the furire day Rather than jumping back to the current event on the EPG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bassethound
02-03-17, 16:32
Possibly a new boot screen/logo :thumbsup:

uscool
02-03-17, 16:39
wifi to work :(

garryboy
02-03-17, 16:44
Oh an re support my max digital xp1000 would be nice. Having no plugins is a right PITA.

duoduo
02-03-17, 19:43
Is that all Abu.

Was hoping it would be able to make dinner. Wash the dishes and do my yearly tax returns.

If I could have anything practical in new vix it would be when adding a recording via EPG on a future day it would stay on the furire day Rather than jumping back to the current event on the EPG.

Second this, annoys the hell out of me lol

Tkr001
03-03-17, 08:10
Second this, annoys the hell out of me lol

It used to do this in the early days. It changed in an update.

2stein
03-03-17, 09:51
Here is one.....
You can watch TV.
well, 5 is out now, and abu's prediction seems to be the closest one :-)
what concerns me most is, that there is still no couch flashing for arm boxes. haven't done usb flashing in years...
i understand that arm boxes have different type of flash chips... and i understand that it is probably quite some work to implement this.
but this would be my strongest wish for future images.

Nitemare
03-03-17, 10:03
... looking forward to trying this new build ... can I ask if the Devices issue has been resolved??? I used to be able to use my wireless Logitech K400 keyboard when using Chromium on my Duo 2 ... but this feature has not been working on my Ultimo 4K ...

I know its working on Original VU+ based images (BH etc.) I was told it was an issue for OE builds ...?

Thanks,
Nitemare

Andy_Hazza
03-03-17, 10:12
well, 5 is out now, and abu's prediction seems to be the closest one :-)
what concerns me most is, that there is still no couch flashing for arm boxes. haven't done usb flashing in years...
i understand that arm boxes have different type of flash chips... and i understand that it is probably quite some work to implement this.
but this would be my strongest wish for future images.

Couch Flashing could potentially damage the ARM receivers, thus why ViX have took the option to remove this feature to protect you guys/gals (the users).
I am using this feature, with a modified version of IM, which I won't be sharing (sorry guys/gals) but its at my risk and I will have to accept the consequences this may cause.

2stein
03-03-17, 10:29
yes, i understand that the current flash app might brick the box, and that a modified version is required for safe couch flashing.
i think i also read that the code owner of the app said that he won't implement any changes for arm boxes... don't recall why.
i'm just saying: the only feature missing in the image from my perspective would be couch flashing for arm boxes.

gerinemo
03-03-17, 19:52
I would like to be able to set a reminder that a programme is about to start
Not the current way which is zap instead of record and it automatically switching to the channel
Cheers

imish
03-03-17, 20:45
Upgraded 3 boxes today. As a user haven't noticed anything different other than the startup screen and slower boot up times - receiver works perfectly fine once booted up. good performance and stability like previous trains.

Oh. when setting the box up the setup wizard prompts about "Just Scan"....

gdmm
03-03-17, 22:29
Possibly a new boot screen/logo :thumbsup:

I miss the country lane scene. It was very soothing.

malcolmp
03-03-17, 22:34

same here

john doe
03-03-17, 22:39

same here

mine has different boot up screen. but it not as nice as above.

tomuser
03-03-17, 23:14
If I'm back at my VuZero I will update this to v5 too. Hopefully update process will work better than with previous ones. Starting from 4.2.028 (I was on 023 earlier and didn't try versions in between) it couldn't find any USB devices after update so I had to to several (5-6) restarts always to my box before it could find USB stick and restore settings from it. Until v023 USB devices were found immediately after update and asked to restore settings found on USB stick but from v028 not anymore. Fingers crossed.

Tkr001
03-03-17, 23:40
ignore. Didn't read previous post properly

2stein
03-03-17, 23:47
slower boot up times
somebody forgot to turn off debug logs... again???

hasnath
03-03-17, 23:49
Hi I've noticed the new fallback menu but can't seem to findhow to copy the new 'Fallback - Remote bouquets copier (Channel Importer)' menu.

Any help?

Flyingpig
03-03-17, 23:54
It will be all updated regularly... Unlike Vix 4.3.......??? If thats the right number.

Flyingpig
03-03-17, 23:55
Meant to add --- it literally took me 15 minutes eearlier today --- And I am a proper Ludite!!

DaMacFunkin
04-03-17, 11:57
Hi I've noticed the new fallback menu but can't seem to findhow to copy the new 'Fallback - Remote bouquets copier (Channel Importer)' menu.

Any help?

I use Remote Fallback Tuner and i also can't seem to find this Remote Bouquets copier (Channel Importer) function in Openvix 5, is it hidden in another menu?

maxben
04-03-17, 12:49
Both 'Remote Channel Stream Converter' and 'Fallback configuration' are both now under 'service searching' which is more logical.

twol
04-03-17, 13:26
yes, i understand that the current flash app might brick the box, and that a modified version is required for safe couch flashing.
i think i also read that the code owner of the app said that he won't implement any changes for arm boxes... don't recall why.
i'm just saying: the only feature missing in the image from my perspective would be couch flashing for arm boxes.in error........

bellejt
04-03-17, 13:52
update took exactly 5 min with restore and all automatically adapted.Fine and happy.Didn' t even had to change anything on the remote box whom works with fall back tuner. :thumbsup:

DaMacFunkin
04-03-17, 14:25
Both 'Remote Channel Stream Converter' and 'Fallback configuration' are both now under 'service searching' which is more logical.

Yes we know but where is:

Fallback - Remote bouquets copier (Channel Importer). For receivers used as clients, copies and loads the channel list from the server box.

Andy_Hazza
04-03-17, 14:36
System Plugins in the feeds, then it will reside in the Service Searching section.

maxben
04-03-17, 14:43
I can only remember ever seeing that feature using the 'Partner box' plugin not with 'Fallback tuner' but I've only started using Fallback again recently so I may of missed something. If you want that feature why not use RCSC ?

imish
04-03-17, 15:12
somebody forgot to turn off debug logs... again???

? - have they been switched on by default in 5.x as I have never had them on?

john doe
04-03-17, 15:15
? - have they been switched on by default in 5.x as I have never had them on?

never had an issue keeping debug logs on???? always a good idea to have on, but that's me

twol
04-03-17, 15:19
never had an issue keeping debug logs on???? always a good idea to have on, but that's me

Probably for the normal user, not a requirement to have them on, but when there are issues and no crash log, debug is important ... so I keep them on.

hasnath
04-03-17, 17:00
I can only remember ever seeing that feature using the 'Partner box' plugin not with 'Fallback tuner' but I've only started using Fallback again recently so I may of missed something. If you want that feature why not use RCSC ?
I find with rscs that time shift and recording doesn't work very well for me

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

hasnath
04-03-17, 17:08
System Plugins in the feeds, then it will reside in the Service Searching section.

Just tried channels importer and it worked great however can't get the fallback function to work.

I've entered my IP from main box as 192.168.1.106:8001

Am I missing something silly?

hasnath
04-03-17, 17:16
Actually I've sorted it needed 'http://' before my ip

aido
04-03-17, 20:05
Just a heads up but had a weird one on the LX3 I updated yesterday to 5.0.001 with a timer I had set from 6pm tonight until 1am - it had started recording a few mins before and you can see the ECMs being found in the oscam log a few minutes before (from 17:56:55) and then it just stopped at 17:59:29.

When I turned the TV on about 18:30 to sit and watch this same channel being recorded it was totally dark and showing the channel as FTA in the infobox.

I deleted the timer at which point the channel started clearing again and I've started a fresh recording.

Just a heads up to anyone recording anything tonight to check it's working as expected just in case this wasn't a one off.

I'm using oscam latest (r11360 in 5.0.001) with the same config I've had for ages and haven't seen this happen before.

I've not spotted anything in the oscam timeline up to 11370 so it could be a one off.

abu baniaz
04-03-17, 20:13
I am going to close this thread. Please start dedicated threads for any issues you find so we can address them. Impossible to address everything in one thread.

The zap timer issue has been fixed, but not in Release image yet. I'll post a file for it.

If you want to report issues and have them fixed, please attach crash logs and debug logs. If you need help doing this, please say so.

Thanks.

If you want to moan and whine.......... carry on!

abu baniaz
04-03-17, 20:40
How to report issues
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section!

Crashes
Crash logs will be created on a crash.
Crash logs are stored in /home/root/logs/ as a default. Please attach them to your post. Do not paste them. There is no need to zip them.
You will need to transfer the log to PC before attaching it to forum.

How to enable debug logs
If your problem needs investigating, please enable debug logs and restart. Repeat the issue you are having then attach the debug log.
You will need to transfer the log to PC before attaching it to forum.

Debug logging is enabled as follows:
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Logs -> Enable debug logs = yes, and then GUI Restart.

Debug logs are stored in /home/root/logs/ as a default. Please attach them to your post. Do not paste them. There is no need to zip them.

How to attach items
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44054-How-to-take-screen-shots-How-to-attach-files