PDA

View Full Version : factory reset is this ok to do ?

georgecarter
09-06-17, 15:27
Hello,
Bought a 1TB technomate nano 2 super about 18months ago, have reflashed it a few times since, just now with 5.0.016.
Never worked as I expected from new but cannot tell if this is my misunderstanding or just faults. Thought I'd bite the bullet and go for a factory reset and start the box afresh. but just what is a factory reset ? Will this erase my saved recordings on my hdd ?
Any help please ? Many thanks
George

Andy_Hazza
09-06-17, 16:09
When you reflash an image that wipes everything clean. No factory reset or fresh flash deletes anything from your HDD. A factory reset is not what you think it is either, you are just best reflashing a new image & setting up as new with no restores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
09-06-17, 16:14
Initialising HDD is only thing that will wipe the HDD.

georgecarter
09-06-17, 16:31
Aha, thanks for the replies Andy and Abu. I've searched the manual, different forums, online blah blah for the exact definition of what a factory reset is but no joy. The best is the pop up when you enter the factory reset but its not enough to make me do it. I will reflash and reconfigure for a fresh box. Thank you. George

abu baniaz
09-06-17, 16:50
Factory reset just deletes contents of /etc/enigma2

The name is misleading.

georgecarter
09-06-17, 17:21
That might of been my problem all along then... just looked before reflashing and etc\enigma2 was v.messy lots of nested folders, now it has just 6 flat files (profile, settings and 4 bouquets). Thanks very much

georgecarter
09-06-17, 20:51
A reflash with 5.0.016, and complete reconfigure gives me a new box, several issues now absent and no more ear bending. Just got to customise settings now - after saving that is.

Cant figure out how to mark a thread as closed, so erm.. its closed, thanks forum. G

cactikid
09-06-17, 21:03
you cant close it only mods can .

abu baniaz
09-06-17, 21:50
Glad you are sorted. We don't normally close threads, as you have asked, I'll do it.

Can you also note the following please?

Thread will be moved to the ViX-Team-Images-Support-Discussion section. It is best to use the image support section for image issues as problems/solutions are usually the same irrespective of receiver. It also helps others searching for the same issue although they may have another receiver.

Please read the thread in link below which explains things better.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section)!

No harm has been done, no need to apologise. Please bear in mind for future support questions.