PDA

View Full Version : New owner and box wont boot

wschofield
19-01-11, 23:48
Hi guys

Just received my vu duo today and have tried to flash the vix image via usb.
This seems to all go correct as it should, but when i remove the usb and reboot the box just says vu duo on the front display. i get no picture or aanything on tv.

Have also tried to flash via the null cable, but it gets part way through, then on front of the box it says load failed.

Anyone able to offer any advice please, or am i gonna have to go back to my dm800

cheers

silverfox0786
19-01-11, 23:53
try reflashing but make sure you format the usb to fat32 transfer over the files making sure they transfer properly even run a virus scan if you want to

flash box wait for it to prompt you then remove usb

turn off and wat a min or so then tuurn on

if that fails then try the above procedure again with nothing installed except the usb in the front so remove everything

also make sure for both prcedures that nothing is connected in rear usb slot

Huevos
20-01-11, 00:22
when i remove the usb and reboot the box just says vu duo on the front display. i get no picture or aanything on tv.Have you got the TV on the right channel. Also you need to set up tuner config and load some settings before you can receive anything.

wschofield
20-01-11, 00:35
Thanks Silverfox

Removed everything and reflashed.
It looks like the whole problem was due to a faulty hdd, as whenever this is connected the unit will not boot all the way.

Looks like i am off to find a new hdd tomorrow

cheers

silverfox0786
20-01-11, 00:53
no probs mate glad you got it sorted

and sorry you got a dud hdd