PDA

View Full Version : From Humax Foxsat to Linux?

Maf1a
12-05-20, 19:44
Hi everyone, this is my post. I have a Humax Foxsat HDR, I have been very satisfied with it since 2011, but the Tuner is getting weaker so I am looking at getting a Linux based receiver, but am a little confused by some of the 'jargon'. I have figured out SCR & FBC & Unicable LNB's. It's the software/ firmware etc that I find difficult, what are 'skins & images' in relation to satellite receivers, are 'Images' the firmware & are 'skins' how the GUI looks.:confused:
Thanks for any help & advice on where to look for more info would be greatly appreciated. I am looking at the GigaBlue UHD UE 4K.

abu baniaz
12-05-20, 20:01
Your assumption is correct.

Think of skins as themes. Best to look at the skins section to see the different skin previews.

The images/firmwares are the different teams version of Enigma2.

Andy_Hazza
12-05-20, 20:12
Hi everyone, this is my post. I have a Humax Foxsat HDR, I have been very satisfied with it since 2011, but the Tuner is getting weaker so I am looking at getting a Linux based receiver, but am a little confused by some of the 'jargon'. I have figured out SCR & FBC & Unicable LNB's. It's the software/ firmware etc that I find difficult, what are 'skins & images' in relation to satellite receivers, are 'Images' the firmware & are 'skins' how the GUI looks.:confused:
Thanks for any help & advice on where to look for more info would be greatly appreciated. I am looking at the GigaBlue UHD UE 4K.

Maybe of interest to you >> Gigablue UE 4K, juddery playback
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?share_fid=12108&share_tid=60819&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eworld-of-satellite%2Ecom%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D60819&share_type=t&link_source=app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maf1a
13-05-20, 10:14
(I meant to put 'This is my 1st post' sorry!)
Good Morning, thanks for your replies guys.

abu,thank you for your confirmation, do you mean the skins section of, say OPENVIX & other images?

Andy_Hazza, thank you for the link, I had seen that post & I will give it a thorough read through, as well
as looking at posts about other machines.
If you have any other advice I would appreciate it very much.

Andy_Hazza
13-05-20, 10:27
(I meant to put 'This is my 1st post' sorry!)
Good Morning, thanks for your replies guys.

abu,thank you for your confirmation, do you mean the skins section of, say OPENVIX & other images?

Andy_Hazza, thank you for the link, I had seen that post & I will give it a thorough read through, as well
as looking at posts about other machines.
If you have any other advice I would appreciate it very much.

The AX HD61 is a great receiver, currently my main box. Exceptional receiver. Depends if you want FBC or not etc.

Maf1a
19-05-20, 16:10
Andy_ Hazza "The AX HD61 is a great receiver, currently my main box. Exceptional receiver. Depends if you want FBC or not etc."
Thank you for the pointer. Does the above mean the HD61 is not FBC, which is what I am looking for?
I am also looking at the VU + UNO 4K 1X DVB-S2 FBC.(But has no display on the front). My price range is approx 190-230€( Live in Spain)
Thanks again for your help.

twol
19-05-20, 16:20
Only 2 manufacturers sell receivers with FBC - Gigablue and Vu+

Andy_Hazza
19-05-20, 17:03
The Vu+ Uno 4K SE has a display.