PDA

View Full Version : H9.2H Timer issue

stup
27-06-24, 19:52
Hi

Got a weird problem - I set up a timer to record a program but it has recorded 2 channels simultaneously interwoven. Other timers work ok as they should. There's no conflicts, no autotimers or cron timers active.

I can only think there's some dregs of a timer remaining that was deleted. So can anybody tell me the linux location of where timers are stored (not the recordings) so I can take a look?

I've done a flash upgrade which didn't help, otherwise I'll do a hard reset unless someone has a clue?

TIA.

adm
27-06-24, 20:42
Hi

Got a weird problem - I set up a timer to record a program but it has recorded 2 channels simultaneously interwoven. Other timers work ok as they should. There's no conflicts, no autotimers or cron timers active.

I can only think there's some dregs of a timer remaining that was deleted. So can anybody tell me the linux location of where timers are stored (not the recordings) so I can take a look?

I've done a flash upgrade which didn't help, otherwise I'll do a hard reset unless someone has a clue?

TIA.

Perhaps.

Go to the timer (or done timer)
menu/timers/timers/highlight the timer that has given the problem

Press the info button on the remote and you should get a log of what the timer did.

Was this timer originally set-up to be generated by an autotimer and then subsequently changed or deleted for the autotimer list? After changing something in the autotimer list in my experience you have to press green to save the list to indicate something in the list has changed.

birdman
28-06-24, 00:40
I can only think there's some dregs of a timer remaining that was deleted. A timer starts a recording for a specific service id on a channel.
If it's mixing two services it's difficult to see how it could be a timer issue.

stup
28-06-24, 00:58
Thanks for that. The log shows the timer started and ended as it should and also the channel and program recorded.
Why it should be two channels I've no idea unless the channel IDs are the same, which I doubt.
Do you know the location the timer is saved to? I use linux so I'll have a browse round the folders.
I think I'll delete and redo the timer, see if it still happens.

birdman
28-06-24, 10:55
Do you know the location the timer is saved to? I use linux so I'll have a browse round the folders.
I think I'll delete and redo the timer, see if it still happens.All timers are in one file - /etc/enigma2/timers.xml. But everything in it is shown in the Info display.