PDA

View Full Version : Webif buttons locked out.

cactikid
21-07-24, 12:28
A few days ago i logged into box on desktop and possibly went to do a screenshot of picture but pressed screenshot of video over screen on the right.

From then i lost control on webif as not knowing what i did.

No button pressing or exit fixed it and no access to sat channels.

I did find out later it was stuck on a red coloured IEPG DATA and not a sat channel as like i was recording and all other channels locked out?

A reboot got me out of this and was box recording the IEPG Data as all in red like a recorded channel goes?

Was there another way to exit out I was not aware of

twol
21-07-24, 12:55
A few days ago i logged into box on desktop and possibly went to do a screenshot of picture but pressed screenshot of video over screen on the right.

I did find out later it was stuck on a red coloured IEPG DATA and not a sat channel as like i was recording and all other channels locked out?

A reboot got me out of this and was box recording the IEPG Data as all in red like a recorded channel goes?

Was there another way to exit out I was not aware of

how long did you wait? Maybe it was downloading IEPG data? and would have cleared

cactikid
21-07-24, 14:55
More than 6hrs but never seen it all in red before.

Thought box was setup to download EPG automatically .

Enabled OPENEPG download is set to yes.

Box has only 1 sat feed.

adm
21-07-24, 22:55

If you only have one tuner and you are already recording one channel then you would only been able to select (for viewing) that channel or what was also carried on that particular satellite transponder. Some transponders only carry a few channels or regional variations so you may not have been able to select anything else in your bouquet list. Attempting to do so may/will have resulted in a black screen on your TV. Unless you selected the channel that was being recorded your TV screen may/will have remained blank, unless you selected buttons that resulted in a menu overlay.

To be able to download the EPG over the air a tuner is required. The freesat EPG is downloaded if that tuner is tuned to any Freesat TV channel, assuming that you have only selected the Freesat EPG. If you are using the Sky Free to Air EPG (IEPG data1) then you have to tune into the specific transponder that carries the data. You will not have been able to do this with your only tuner busy recording a channel on another transponder. It's not advisable to have both Freesat EPG and IEPG both providing EPG data.

My guess you were recoding one TV program. You then selected another TV channel but having no spare tuner your box just displayed a blank screen. Selecting many other channels resulted in the same black screen for the same reason. You probably would have got a picture back if you had selected the TV channel that was being recorded.

Furthermore, if you had selected the IEPG channel for recording this would also have required your only tuner and would have locked out all other channels. As the IEPG channel has no video it will always show a blank/black screen. If the IEPG had been set for an indefinite recording the lockout of any other channel and the black screen would have remained until you stopped the recording. In Webif there is a virtual remote control but you may have to expand the small virtual remote to see a larger version with more buttons. Selecting the red record button would have given you the option to stop this recording, assuming you also had the screen shot in webif to show you the menu options.

The recording of the IEPG may have been automatically instigated by one of the menu options (for instance OennTV EPG downloader or similar from an earlier era). You initial recording may have finished and then the fetch of the EPG may have been automatically initiated.

Are you sure that whilst in Webif you box hadn't finished recording and gone into standby? This may/will have given the impression that webif had completely locked up. With only one tuner the fetching of IEPG may only occur when the box is in standby. Automatic fetching of the IEPG may/will have been by instructing the box to do a fake recording, hence the "red" indication that you had.

cactikid
22-07-24, 01:46
Any time i log into box i can see if a recording is in motion before i power it on as i see a red notification up there but nothing was shown or due and nothing until next day .

Webif is handy on laptop as you see the whole picture and can control and set recordings on all boxes and i do get a blank screen when powering off box via laptop is normal.

All boxes normally have 7 day epg stored as i set recordings in advance. At the time of the issue i did have a picture playing on webif is set for 3 sec refresh.

Yes i always expand the virtual remote and pressed many buttons but cannot say if RED was an option to be pressed or used as not seen anything on the webif screen.

Well hopefully it wont happen again and will monitor it again and now know to check red button or as i did a reboot got me out of mischief again.

Thanks for explaining more things so i can double check.