PDA

View Full Version : Embydream plugin from Murxer on OCTAGON SF8008

tvcalle
22-07-24, 21:36
Hello
who can help me?
After many years of absence I found the interest in OpenVIX Image again, I used to run X-Trend ET 7000 on my 10 boxes and some of them are still running perfectly!
I myself have been using Dreambox One with original DreamOS and GP 4.2 for years.
Since 4 months I have an Octagon SF 8008 as a toy and have installed the latest image 6.6.0.3 from OpenVIX and am very very satisfied with it very good work from you.
But I have a problem that I can't solve and now I need help from the professionals.
I have installed the EmbyDream plugin from Murxer and everything works via Telnet without errors and the plugin is also available under Extension/Plugin, but it is not displayed anywhere so that I cannot use it under OpenATV 7.4 with Python 3 it runs without problems, why not under OpenVIX, are your Python versions different? I think I am missing a dependency that I have to install so that I can see it on the box under extensions.

Who can help?

MFG

twol
23-07-24, 09:58
Hello
who can help me?
After many years of absence I found the interest in OpenVIX Image again, I used to run X-Trend ET 7000 on my 10 boxes and some of them are still running perfectly!
I myself have been using Dreambox One with original DreamOS and GP 4.2 for years.
Since 4 months I have an Octagon SF 8008 as a toy and have installed the latest image 6.6.0.3 from OpenVIX and am very very satisfied with it very good work from you.
But I have a problem that I can't solve and now I need help from the professionals.
I have installed the EmbyDream plugin from Murxer and everything works via Telnet without errors and the plugin is also available under Extension/Plugin, but it is not displayed anywhere so that I cannot use it under OpenATV 7.4 with Python 3 it runs without problems, why not under OpenVIX, are your Python versions different? I think I am missing a dependency that I have to install so that I can see it on the box under extensions.

Who can help?

MFG

So I can find it on OpenATV feeds but not ViX, did you install an ipk???
Python versions are the same, but skins can be different and a few other other things.
Anything in debug logs when you install ?? (Menu/setup/system/logs/settings - enable, save not to flash, local time !)

twol
23-07-24, 10:30
So from ATV image I copied over /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/EmbyDream to PC and then in OpenViX back to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/EmbyDream.

Shows in plugin extensions (long press Blue button) and allows setup ... no idea about capabilities, never tried it.
if you want to run the serve you need to install beautifulsoup I believe (wants bs4)

tvcalle
23-07-24, 13:27
Hello
Thanks for the answer if your answer can/will work like this I have to try it first but to be honest I can't imagine that.
I'll give it a try in the next few days, I've just packed the box again

MFG