PDA

View Full Version : Recording to NAS

digitl
26-08-24, 12:30
I've set up a network mount on a Synology NAS previously and there are no issues with it.

To keep Management's recordings separate from my own I have installed another network mount on a different Synology NAS but it's not completing on the Vu+. I can see /media/autofs/Mine/ (which the box reports as 'Directory does not exist' when I select it) but the final /movie/ is missing.

Anyone care to educate me on what I'm missing please?

DimitarCC
26-08-24, 14:08
Are you sure the credentials are right? Ip and nas shared folder are correct? It looks like it doesnt login or doesnt see the nas at all.

digitl
26-08-24, 15:36
Yes, I've checked and double checked.

However, there's something odd going on.

I have a 4TB SSD installed as /media/hdd/movie/ but when I access /media/hdd/movie/ through the PVR button it goes to the existing network share and its recordings. To see the recordings on it I have to select Location, then Samsung SSD 870 (Partition 1)/media/hdd2/movie, then movie. This displays the list of recordings with Trash can above them and then Directory at the very top.

Another anomaly: Detected devices displays "(Samsung SSD 870) - ATA Bus (SSD) (3.94 TB) Free: 69 GB". I'm assuming the 69 GB is free on the NAS!

Network servers displays both the old and the new network shares (without the /movie/ extension) as "also enabled for autofs network mount".

Weirder and weirder. I wonder if something has been corrupted somewhere?

DimitarCC
26-08-24, 15:40
Looks like it... If it shows nas as movies location then you probably set it as a hdd replacement in mount setting?

digitl
28-08-24, 14:33
Thanks for the suggestion but hdd replacement was set to No.

After too many hours trying to sort out what had happened I decided to reflash the box and set up a fresh installation.

cactikid
28-08-24, 16:37
I normally set to record to internal hdd and when full move recordings to NAS.

Both of them i need to recheck their ips as not found on network any more.

digitl
05-09-24, 15:54
I think I've discovered what I was doing wrong. I wasn't mounting the network share from the browse network option before setting it up in the mounts editor. :confused:

Willo3092
05-09-24, 19:15
This was the issue I used to have before I got wise to it.

66781 66782