PDA

View Full Version : VU+Duo getting started problems

Desi101
06-05-11, 18:27
Hi Guys,

New to this forum and new to VU+ Duo. I have just bought one and it arrived today. I have spent 6 hours trying to get it to work having read the various posts for newbies but am now stuck.

The issue I am having is that with the VTI image v2.6 flashed successfully on the box, I get a stuck view of a girl and in the top left corner it says "Loading Default”. Somewhere I read that I need to download drivers. Is that correct, if so what drivers to do I need to download?

Thanks in advance.

canthackit
06-05-11, 18:47
nothing needs to be done mate just let it finish loading defaults, it'll restart enigma2 then away you go load your systems settings de facto.

regards: canthackit

belierzz
06-05-11, 18:52
Hi Guys,

New to this forum and new to VU+ Duo. I have just bought one and it arrived today. I have spent 6 hours trying to get it to work having read the various posts for newbies but am now stuck.

The issue I am having is that with the VTI image v2.6 flashed successfully on the box, I get a stuck view of a girl and in the top left corner it says "Loading Default”. Somewhere I read that I need to download drivers. Is that correct, if so what drivers to do I need to download?

Thanks in advance.

Sounds familiar - your image hasn't been flashed correctly if it gets stuck at that point of time . Try flashing once again with a fresh formatted stick (FAT 32). It is possible that you have an odd stick, you may try another one if flashing is unsuccessful. If your image is ok the Duo starts with the wizards right after the lady disappeared automatically. Just as canthackit described before.

Desi101
07-05-11, 00:00
Thanks for the replies guys. In the end I got fed up after 8 hours on the trot. What I thought I would try on Sunday is flash the VIX 2.1 image. The problem is that I already did try that image. However there was nothing obvious in the menus where I could download CCams. I went round and round lots of different forums and got confused so reverted back to VTI imgae hoping the "Loading Default” would disappear as at least with this image in the menus for pluggins you can select various ccams. Any idea how I can add ccams to the VIX 2.1 image? I have managed to down load CCam2.2.1_1 on to my pc, as looked to be the latest version. Is that a good one as there are many versions and if so how do I get it on the box and in what directory?
Somewhere I think I read that you ftp it to the /tmp directory and chmod to 755 maybe and then do something within the VIX 2.1 menus but not sure. Any help would be most welcome as am feeling very disheartened by it all at the mo.

Thanks again for your replies.

basilyoung
07-05-11, 00:10
you load the softcam into Temp, the extention needs to be "ipk" ie,..cccam.2.2.1_mipsel.ipk

you then go to download manager, manual install...and you should see the softcam you ftp,d into the unit

select it and install

punisher
07-05-11, 07:40
to load softcams in vix 2.1 you need to download your cccam 2.2.1 from here

http://www.4shared.com/dir/wnyHV50A/VIX_CAMS.html

ftp the enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2.1_1.0-r0_mipsel.ipk file to /tmp folder
then on your duo press the blue button/VIX/IPK Installer and you should see the file you just put in /tmp folder ... just press install and thats it it should install
then you need to ftp your CCcam.cfg file in /etc. when you done that press blue button/softcam manager you will see CCcam 2.2.1 activate it and then auto start it and thats it you have CCcam 2.2.1 running. Should look like this once completed

Desi101
08-05-11, 22:31
Thank you guys for you posts above. Did as advised above and they are installed and CCam is up and running. However I think I jumped the gun a bit, as in I still haven't managed to get any FTA channels up on the Duo yet. Basically the stage I'm at now is as follows:

• I have successfully flashed the ViX 2.1image
• I have completed the set up wizard and have set up the network settings and configured the two tuners (both of which have a Coax lead connected from my Sly dish) as was advised on another thread as below:
Tuner A:
Configuration mode: Simple,
Mode: Single
Satellite: 28.2E
DiSEqC: No

Tuner B
Set to "equal to tuner A", and set to "Loopthrough to tuner A".

• Performed a Manual scan which took about 15 minutes and it displayed that 1035 services found.

However when I go to the main menu and open the one and only folder called “Favourite”, next to every channel number it just says “n/a” and no further info. When I select for instance channel 1, it just says something like ’No service, need to configure tuner” or “Tuner Not configured”. Also I noticed at the bottom right of the top display in this image it says “SNR n/a”. Is that saying that no signal is detected at the tuners?

Some apologies but I have some more basic questions:

1. What do I need to do to configure the tuners further? Do I need to install any drivers for instance?
2. Assuming I get the FTA channels working where can I find some already created bouquets for Sly, (I guess that’s Eurobird 28.2E). I have looked in the downloads section and went to this thread by silverfox0786 ( http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8056-ViX-Team-ALICE-Picons-For-UK-Channels-28.2E-and-DTT-By-Silverfox0786&p=60088#post60088 ). Here he has three files available to download:-

i. VIX Team Alice HD 28.2E Picons by Silverfox0786.rar
ii. VIX Team Alice SD 28.2E Picons by Silverfox0786.rar
iii. VIX Team Alice SD UK DTT Picons by Silverfox0786.rar

Are these the files I need to download to get Sly type bouquets? If so can anyone guide me with a procedure of where you ftp these to and what to do after that.

Once again thank you in advance for your assistance. I am very keen to actually see any tv on this box yet to see what the PQ is like.

Larry-G
08-05-11, 22:46
the VIX team alice settings are picons you want a bouquet pack such as these

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8059-ViX-Team-Enigma-2-HD-settings-for-28.2E
or these

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?2634-SGTFlipFlop-E2-settings&p=61163&viewfull=1#post61163

cactikid
08-05-11, 22:48
just curious was there supposed to have been an update run after the box was flashed?

basilyoung
08-05-11, 22:55
you need to go to saterlites instead of fraverits
select either services or provider
you will see the sats you scanned...select bbc..and it should work
alternitly, you can down load via the unit a sat channel list, ( the silverfox settings would be best for you )
I think you need to press the blue button ( on a normal tv screen ) select plugins, ( you need the unit connected to your router, network enabled ) it will download a list of available plugins
once complete, look for "settings" and with in the list,..you should see "silverfox settings" DOWNLOAD THEM,....your fraverites list, will then be fully active

Desi101
09-05-11, 12:08
Thank you guys for your posts.
Basilyoung, I followed your advice and down loaded the sat channel list via the unit (the silverfox settings) as you mentioned. I can now thankfully see the FTA channels in the Sly type Bouquets.:thumbsup: I must say the PQ looks every much as good as the SD channels thru my Sly+ HD box. The only thing now is I don’t see any HD channels, just only the SD ones. Is this because of this particular bouquet I downloaded or do I need to do something else to get the HD channels (FTA ofcourse)?

Phoenix, would it be better for me to download the bouquet pack you mention (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8059-ViX-Team-Enigma-2-HD-settings-for-28.2E) as seem to indicate it includes the HD channels as well in the thread?

If so, where do I FTP them on the box and what action do I need to do on the box once ftp’d over?

Finally, I have tried searching what picons actually are but found no simple explanation. Can someone kindly explain what they are and should I install them also?

Desi101
09-05-11, 12:18
Sorry another quick question, I guess I should back up my settings/configs on the VU+Duo box in case I try and flash another image at some stage in the future. Is there any guide as to how and what files to back up so that I can restore everything back after flashing a new image? At present I have not installed any HDD in this box yet, my plan was to get it all up and working first and then start that procedure. So at present my backup option is just to the USB stick I use to flash the VU+Duo.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Stanman
09-05-11, 18:42
blue button vix and than software management, there is a setting to back up settings. Personally never do it, it takes a few minutes to restore a working back up of an image and I do that before a reflash.

Larry-G
09-05-11, 18:51
@Desi101

you do not FTP the settings to the box but rather use a dedicated program such as Dreamset / enigmedit or dreamboxedit. these will transfer the settings over for you. as for the ones to use try the latest VIX settings and if you continue to get greyed out channels try a manual rescan to see if that helps.

slowuk
10-05-11, 10:30
hi all new to vu+ seen a few new people having probs with vix me too. all my fault not reading stuff first the most read page with image is not latest vix image this caused all my prob, now in our defence like most blokes got giddy want box up an running been runnig sat boxes for 30 years plus,so should have known better,but saying that would be nice if mods could change link save us looking like fools which of cause we are for not reading many thanks ps love the box had it two days and all is happy :D

bassethound
10-05-11, 10:49
hi all new to vu+ seen a few new people having probs with vix me too. all my fault not reading stuff first the most read page with image is not latest vix image this caused all my prob, now in our defence like most blokes got giddy want box up an running been runnig sat boxes for 30 years plus,so should have known better,but saying that would be nice if mods could change link save us looking like fools which of cause we are for not reading many thanks ps love the box had it two days and all is happy :D

All the VIX team Duo images are posted in this thread and the latest image is a sticky :D

also don't forget to do a software update after installation via the blue button

and welcome to the board slowuk :thumbsup:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?154-VU-Duo-ViX-Team-images