Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Accessing NAS recordings from multiple boxes

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Accessing NAS recordings from multiple boxes

I'm hoping to save recordings from two Zgemma H7s and a Vu+ Duo 4K SE to a Synology NAS but am not sure what would happen if a recording was watched to, say, 30 out of 60 minutes on one of the boxes and was then selected to watch to different points from each of the others. Would it start from the beginning on each or would the option to view from where the recording was last stopped on each be offered?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    A part-watched movie on one box will show as unwatched on the other when using a NAS.
    I'm not sure why. I thought the associated *.ts.cuts file would show it as part-watched on both boxes.
    I'm sure it used to work at some point.
    Willo
    #######################
    AX HD61 4K UHD Twin (test box)
    Vu+ Uno 4K SE
    Edision OS Mio 4K
    Zgemma H9 Twin
    Vu+ Solo 4K
    Vu+ Uno 4K
    GT-Sat GT-S3DCSS24 Unicable II LNB
    GT-Sat GT-dLNB1-DY Unicable II LNB
    #######################

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,665 Times in 1,312 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Willo3092 View Post
    A part-watched movie on one box will show as unwatched on the other when using a NAS.
    I'm not sure why. I thought the associated *.ts.cuts file would show it as part-watched on both boxes.
    Given that they are the same physical files (there is only one set - alongside the actual recording) they should have the same effect regardless of which box is reading them.
    There are certain options (I can't remember which) that can be set per-directory or per-system. If the two systems have different settings that could affect things?
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Given that they are the same physical files (there is only one set - alongside the actual recording) they should have the same effect regardless of which box is reading them.
    There are certain options (I can't remember which) that can be set per-directory or per-system. If the two systems have different settings that could affect things?
    I've just tried it again and it does work. I watched half of a recording last night and resumed it from a different box in my man cave this morning.
    My brain must be degenerating
    Willo
    #######################
    AX HD61 4K UHD Twin (test box)
    Vu+ Uno 4K SE
    Edision OS Mio 4K
    Zgemma H9 Twin
    Vu+ Solo 4K
    Vu+ Uno 4K
    GT-Sat GT-S3DCSS24 Unicable II LNB
    GT-Sat GT-dLNB1-DY Unicable II LNB
    #######################