Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: UPDATE has CRASHED my whole system - years gone!

Title
    Thanks

UPDATE has CRASHED my whole system - years gone!

Hi, updated yesterday to latest update and everything is gone!

Has anyone else found this on Ultimo4k?

Any suggestions, besides making some jokes about it? Ta.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    reflash and set backup on box
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mlusername View Post
    Hi, updated yesterday to latest update and everything is gone!

Has anyone else found this on Ultimo4k?

Any suggestions, besides making some jokes about it? Ta.
    How did you update - software update or online flash?
    Do you have a settings backup ?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    Vu+ Uno4KSE, Dreambox dm900
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, thanks for two suggestions above, cheers. Well, usually I flash from USB and the one I was using was 6.5. A couple of weeks ago, i tried to update, and it said cannot flash 6.5 anymore, can only install on a new flash of 6.6. So, brilliant me, then found out I could flash from within the 6.5 software to the latest 6.6 - so didn't use a usb stick at all this time, just used from with network internet of 6.5. I wonder if this is why?.
    But last night Fri 13 (lucky me!) I updated 6.6 to the latest from within vix, and this morning Saturday, the machine still loads vix, but all me programmes have gone, no delete folder, no years of programmes I had? I've tried to reflash from usb but will not do it. I've tried to backup to previous from with vix image, but shows none at all. Bummer.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,284 Posts
    Hi, thanks for two suggestions above, cheers. Well, usually I flash from USB and the one I was using was 6.5. A couple of weeks ago, i tried to update, and it said cannot flash 6.5 anymore, can only install on a new flash of 6.6. So, brilliant me, then found out I could flash from within the 6.5 software to the latest 6.6 - so didn't use a usb stick at all this time, just used from with network internet of 6.5. I wonder if this is why?.
    But last night Fri 13 (lucky me!) I updated 6.6 to the latest from within vix, and this morning Saturday, the machine still loads vix, but all me programmes have gone, no delete folder, no years of programmes I had? I've tried to reflash from usb but will not do it. I've tried to backup to previous from with vix image, but shows none at all. Bummer.
    So are you talkong about timers, bouquets or recordings on hdd… if recordings on hdd then do you have a disk failure, are the recordings still on the hdd? If so what is hdd format

… and when not usb flashing are you using software update or flashing online

Please be more precise so that we can help sort this if possible… which should be unless the hdd has crashed.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    Vu+ Uno4KSE, Dreambox dm900
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, yes, everything has gone. timers, bouquets, recordings - everything black on hdd. I've got a feeling you are right 'twol' - thanks. I'll take the drive out, have a look if anything on there - using a portable hdd connector to pc usb, and maybe have to reformat it It was expensive as well. Its a 10TB Irondisk, which has worked brilliantly for over 7 years.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Is the hard drive seen in storage ?
    If not try powering off box and see if storage returns.
    No to passport use by just usb but to use externally powered.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Sounds like the hard drive has gone missing or is not mounted.

1.) Put your box into deep standby and then switch off at the mains. Leave off for a couple of minutes to allow any internal power supply voltages to discharge. On switch on you will get a clean cold boot. You don't get a cold boot if you just put your box into standby.

2.) If the cold boot doesn't get the disk back menu/setup/vix/mount manager/
    Is your hard disk listed there? If so press blue to mount.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi all, it was the hard drive. I can hear the read/write arm clicking. It was also a WD 10TB purple, not an irondisk as I had thought. I'll put in an ordinary 4TB drive, if anyone can recommed a good drive for the Ultimo4K - max hd please.

Can I just thank you all who replied! Many, many thanks! Its nice to know that there are people like you who take the time and give advice to people. Cheers.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mlusername For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (15-09-24),twol (15-09-24)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have in my duo already 7 years a Samsung Spinpoint F4 EG HD204UI, 2TB .Works fine en silent.Maybe now you could use a SSD because they are practicaly the same price range
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi all, it was the hard drive. I can hear the read/write arm clicking. It was also a WD 10TB purple, not an irondisk as I had thought. I'll put in an ordinary 4TB drive, if anyone can recommed a good drive for the Ultimo4K - max hd please.

Can I just thank you all who replied! Many, many thanks! Its nice to know that there are people like you who take the time and give advice to people. Cheers.
    You don't need anything with high performance for a PVR. Disk transfers are specified in Gbits per second. The videos you are recording are Gbits per hour

Possibly something specified with a spin speed of 5400 rpm and specified as low power (or "green") which may/will have a slower read/write access times. Slower disks are likely to be quieter and lower power disks will run cooler.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Many thanks!