Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: steerable dish problem, is it the motor or the box?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ArloGuthrie View Post
    And WOS and VU+ needs to step up to the plate. Period.
    I gotta ask: What does WOS owe you exactly? You've never bought anything from them right? But you expect WOS to destroy a plug in tuner by most likely having to remove the metal housing just so you can have chip identification from it?

You do realize WOS supports at least in part most of the forums you visit right? But somehow they owe you something? Even if WOS did destroy a plug in tuner to get you the useless chip information, you would know nothing more than you do now. Quit peeing on WOS as they do not deserve it!

And VU+ is supposed to do something? Don't think so. Vu+ exists or existed to make money, not to answer questions about chips. Some time ago you were told that no Vu+ receiver existed with an excellent North American satellite blindscan, so why keep insisting such a receiver exists? This is ridiculous man. VU+ Zero4K had (past tense) the best satellite blindscan of any Vu+ product for North America.

Plug in Vu+ tuners either have no satellite blindscan worth using (FBC) or the Vu+ plug in tuners have extremely poor satellite blindscan when compared to other models.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    I gotta ask: What does WOS owe you exactly? You've never bought anything from them right? But you expect WOS to destroy a plug in tuner by most likely having to remove the metal housing just so you can have chip identification from it?

You do realize WOS supports at least in part most of the forums you visit right? But somehow they owe you something? Even if WOS did destroy a plug in tuner to get you the useless chip information, you would know nothing more than you do now. Quit peeing on WOS as they do not deserve it!

And VU+ is supposed to do something? Don't think so. Vu+ exists or existed to make money, not to answer questions about chips. Some time ago you were told that no Vu+ receiver existed with an excellent North American satellite blindscan, so why keep insisting such a receiver exists? This is ridiculous man. VU+ Zero4K had (past tense) the best satellite blindscan of any Vu+ product for North America.

Plug in Vu+ tuners either have no satellite blindscan worth using (FBC) or the Vu+ plug in tuners have extremely poor satellite blindscan when compared to other models.
    Sometimes it's better if a dog just stays in it's own yard and on it's own porch if it needs to bark. WOS and VU+ owes me nothing. This should be carried on in another conversation.
    But to add some info. I see your Firebird picture. Yours? Would Pontiac have sold it to you if you asked what engine it had. Took a chance And instead of a 455 Super Duty and Muncie, 12 bolt.
    It ends up in your driveway with a 231 and a slushbox?
    Have you returned the Dreambox to Spain after you found out how big of a bummer it was?
    Is your PC an P4, Celeron, I5, or an I9? And how much RAM? GPU? I bet you knew before taking a chance. The Firebird? A simple VIN lookup would tell most of all you needed to know.
    No need to pull the heads and measure the bore and stroke. Right? If anyone can support. Support being the catch phrase. Support. "Useless"? Well then you certainly should be able to make the Zgemma H7 blindscan. Because you yourself touts that the Availink tuner is the cats....pajamas. You extensively cover the attributes on your "porch". Both of the Edision and Octagon.
    And not only do I respect that, I admire you efforts immensely. There are light years difference from a Koqit and VU+ receivers. "To make money" is misleading. To make money selling quality and not volume is more accurate. (And all apologies because I did not realize that they are out of business. The website looks active).

"I was told". And then you were shown and given proof. Contrary to your continuous harping that NO Vu+ receiver could top the transponder capture and blindscan capabilities of the Edision OsMio. Yet I heard 0 response from you after giving you cold, hard facts from the fellow who was convinced they (Edision) were superior. To find that the VU+ he owned functioned quite superior. And he quickly boxed it up and returned the OsMio receiver. To make matters worse. The guy bailed. Angered for being given bad suggestions and I never got what secret combination of components were in his receiver like what is so easy to do as in the attached screenshot compilation.

I believe your response to without founding and hurriedly composed. I look up to you for advice. Many many times with disapproval or the subject being non-important. I have experienced that from the Southern USA people. Especially when they discover the person whom they are speaking to is a "Yankee". And the words "I'm sorry" are rarely in their vocabulary. It is the truth. And I became accustomed to it. But never adapted to it.
    Them, you, they, manufacturers, sellers alike could lift a finger and easily provide a bit more information than is printed on an outside label. Spend one, make many.

OsMio4k_Info_Screen.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ArloGuthrie; 16-09-24 at 20:22.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12