Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

AB PULSe 4K MINI SE or AB PULSe 4K Rev. II (2XS2X)

SteveyC

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2025
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Hi,
I'm getting rid of my Sky Q and thinking of buying an AB Pulse Mini or AB Pulse 4K twin Satellite tuners or maybe even a Vu+ UNO 4K SE, I would like use a unicable LNB, which I believe is the best option from what I've read on other threads here. Question is can I record more multiple channels as well as possibly watching another on the AB Mini or do I need the AB 4K with twin tuners, if its the latter why does the unicable LNB connection only require 1 cable? Why do I need a twin tuner if I only need one cable?
Any help is much appreciated.
Steve
 
Assuming you only have 1 satellite and you are going to install a unicable lnb, then by far you are better off with the vu+ which has a fbc tuner that gives you far more flexibility. The other boxes are limited to one fixed frequency per tuner.
You need further reading on unicable lnb,s and fbc tuners!
 
Thank you for your reply. I’ve actually talked myself out of the Mini box mainly because I want an internal hard drive rather than a SD Card. I’ll do a bit more research, what’s confusing me the most is the one cable from the LNB, what happens with the other LNB IN on the tuner, do you have to insert a splitter to connect both tuners or can you leave one unconnected?

Steve
 
Thank you for your reply. I’ve actually talked myself out of the Mini box mainly because I want an internal hard drive rather than a SD Card. I’ll do a bit more research, what’s confusing me the most is the one cable from the LNB, what happens with the other LNB IN on the tuner, do you have to insert a splitter to connect both tuners or can you leave one unconnected?

Steve
If you went for the VU+ Uno 4K SE and a Unicable LNB you'd have the use of 8 tuners. See this guide for an overview of Unicable setup: https://world-of-satellite.com/threads/gt-sat-gt-dlnb1dy-and-tuner-configuration.60640/
 
Hi thanks for your reply, I’m just wondering if this might be overkill for me. I’m only looking to use a receiver for UK Freesat channels and maybe watching a channel while recording another one. It’s been a good few years since I’ve had an enigma box, previously used for Satellite and IPTV, I’m probably just looking for a simple similar setup. Any suggestions on what box and what type of plugins are available these days for other streaming services.

Steve
 
The suggested box is a good option. If you wanted something more economical with twin satellite tuners possible popular options are Octagon sf8008 and Zgemma H7S.
 
Hi thanks for your reply, I’m just wondering if this might be overkill for me. I’m only looking to use a receiver for UK Freesat channels and maybe watching a channel while recording another one. It’s been a good few years since I’ve had an enigma box, previously used for Satellite and IPTV, I’m probably just looking for a simple similar setup. Any suggestions on what box and what type of plugins are available these days for other streaming services.

Steve
As @Huevos has posted - the Vu Uno 4K SE is a good box. I have been using one since January this year and I find it excellent. I'm using a standard universal LNB with a twin cable feed. With both cables attached I have 8 virtual tuners and I have found so far that I can easily record anything I want simultaneously from the main BBC/ITV/Ch4/Ch5 groups. That's the advantage you get from FBC tuners even without going to the bother of installing a unicable LNB. So, if you are using two cable from a universal LNB, you will have good flexibility in recording. The only niggle I have with the box is that when I use it with my AV amplifier it can take 20 seconds or more of audio silence to switch between a stereo PCM channel to a DD 5.1 channel. If you're not using a 5.1 audio system you won't notice this issue.
 
As @Huevos has posted - the Vu Uno 4K SE is a good box. I have been using one since January this year and I find it excellent. I'm using a standard universal LNB with a twin cable feed. With both cables attached I have 8 virtual tuners and I have found so far that I can easily record anything I want simultaneously from the main BBC/ITV/Ch4/Ch5 groups. That's the advantage you get from FBC tuners even without going to the bother of installing a unicable LNB. So, if you are using two cable from a universal LNB, you will have good flexibility in recording. The only niggle I have with the box is that when I use it with my AV amplifier it can take 20 seconds or more of audio silence to switch between a stereo PCM channel to a DD 5.1 channel. If you're not using a 5.1 audio system you won't notice this issue.
Hi thank you for your information its much appreciated.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top