Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[TM-TWIN-OE] ABM/CrossEPG - unusual issues!

Piranha

Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2014
Messages
161
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Age
72
Location
West Midlands
Background: My wife and I habitually select channels through ABM bouquets. ABM is set to update at 0900hrs and CrossEPG at 1000hrs.

Since updating to 4.2.21 I have noticed the following (inconsistent) issue on several occasions:

On turning the box on first thing in the morning, (from standby) and going to the Entertainment bouquet, BBC1 & BBC2 are missing from the beginning of the EPG, with ITV Central as the first (and also tuned channel) though we rarely watch ITV. Running ABM again returns things to normal.

Setup:

1. There are never any recordings set to occupy either tuner at ABM/EPG update times.

2. Both tuners show good signal strength, nice new 80cm dish peaked in for 28.2E, new co-ax, new 'F' type connectors and joints all ends.

3. ABM log has sometimes shown 'Error reading BAT table' - but this doesn't seem to be a consistent error.

4. 'Update Config files' in ABM invariably returns 'Config file for Sky UK didn't need updating'.

As running ABM again sorts this minor issue out (for 24 hours), I am somewhat bemused. Perhaps I need to to re-flash without settings restore, therefore wiping-out any corruption there might be in the ABM files - or is it CrossEPG that is causing the issue?

If in doubt - reflash from scratch - think I'll take my own advice for once!

Anyone else had a minor ABM/EPG issue lately?
 
Do you have any channel updaters scheduled?

Cross EPG does not touch your bouquets.
 
Only new thing I have introduced this last few days is using AutoTimers - but surely that shouldn't affect anything else?
 
Just need clarification/conformation that you don't run any other plugins like AutoBouquets 28.2, e-settings etc.

Also, if you scan without using ABM, how many channels do you get?
 
Just need clarification/conformation that you don't run any other plugins like AutoBouquets 28.2, e-settings etc.

Also, if you scan without using ABM, how many channels do you get?

First of all, I have re-flashed 4.2.21 this morning and setup from scratch - no settings or plugins restore.

I do NOT run any other bouquet/settings plugins!

ABM Provider set as 'Central Midlands Custom' - I am in the West Midlands but I presume that this is the best ABM setting for my area?

Just done a 'Service searching' Automatic service scan - which has found - wait - wait - wait - wait a bit more - 971 channels.

Just done an ABM scan - the ABM log shows (towards the end)

[BouquetsWriter] Wrote 60 transponders and 575 services.



Thoughts (!) :

1. Which transponder/frequency/Bitrate/FEC does ABM read from?

2. This minor issue seems to have arrived with 4.2.21, although I'm certain others would have reported this by now if it it was an image v. a particular box problem!

Conclusion:

I have somehow, inadvertently, done something different on the last update, but, having done this many, many times, can't find what I have done wrong!
 
Isn't the problem that the epg for the channels is missing rather than the channels themselves?
I don't know for certain. When he said BBC 1 and 2 are missing from the EPG of the Entertainment bouquet, I took that as "BBC 1 and 2 are missing from the bouquet" He said EPG. I did not read that as "there is no EPG data for BBC 1 and 2"

If the issue is EPG, the problem/solution is one thing. If it is is Bouquets, the solution could be another. However ABM and CrossEPG obtain their data from the same transponder.

Code:
	<transponder
		orbital_position="282"
		frequency="11778000"
		symbol_rate="27500000"
		polarization="1"
		fec_inner="0"
		inversion="2"
		system="0"
		modulation="1"
		roll_off="0"
		pilot="2"
 
Isn't the problem that the epg for the channels is missing rather than the channels themselves?

Sorry, perhaps I failed to make myself clear - when the error occurs, the 'Entertainment' bouquet starts with ITV, not BBC1 as normal, therefore (by my way of thinking), ABM scan has failed to capture those channels, though CrossEPG may well have done it's bit!

Maybe I'm thinking this through incorrectly, but I thought that an ABM scan captured the channels info, CrossEPG grabbed the EPG data and the built-in EPG married the two? If I'm wrong, then I would love to have a better explanation as to ow it works!
 
I don't know for certain. When he said BBC 1 and 2 are missing from the EPG of the Entertainment bouquet, I took that as "BBC 1 and 2 are missing from the bouquet" He said EPG. I did not read that as "there is no EPG data for BBC 1 and 2"

If the issue is EPG, the problem/solution is one thing. If it is is Bouquets, the solution could be another. However ABM and CrossEPG obtain their data from the same transponder.

Code:
	<transponder
		orbital_position="282"
		frequency="11778000"
		symbol_rate="27500000"
		polarization="1"
		fec_inner="0"
		inversion="2"
		system="0"
		modulation="1"
		roll_off="0"
		pilot="2"

Many thanks Abu!

When the error occurs, BBC1 and BBC2 are NOT showing at the top of the Entertainment bouquet in the EPG. An ABM scan sorts this out, but the error returns, though not consistently! Like yourself no doubt, I hate 'now you see me, now you don't' problems, as diagnosis is often difficult, if not downright impossible!

Having re-flashed from scratch this morning, it might well be that the gremlin has gone away, but I will know for sure tomorrow morning.

Thank you very much for the info on the channel that ABM & CrossEPG data is gathered from - something I wasn't aware of before!
 
Turn on debug logs. Set logs to go to HDD or USB. USB may be better as it doesn't leave the HDD permanently spinning. Turn on extra debug in the ABM configure menu. Post tomorrow's debug log.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top