Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

About the new images for VU+ !!

  • Thread starter Thread starter One Dream
  • Start date Start date
O

One Dream

Guest
hi ,
when the new images for vu+ will launch from VIX Team ??
the support stopped or what ?? :confused:
 
They're not too far away, theres been quite a lot of changes and we are clearing up the last few bugs. Support has not stopped.
 
As already pointed out by my colleagues support has far from stopped. We however won't release any image until we happy that it is as bug free and user friendly as we can get it. Saying that it should not be long now.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
 
Will it be online upgrade or full re-flash?
 
I'm sure if you backup your setting's, you should be able to restore them from backup.

No, that's the point Rob was making ... you cannot restore the backup of settings...

You can manually backup your config files, channel lists, timers, etc. But, the main settings will need to manually be re-setup... ;)
 
No, that's the point Rob was making ... you cannot restore the backup of settings...

You can manually backup your config files, channel lists, timers, etc. But, the main settings will need to manually be re-setup... ;)

bugger, oh well time for a clean up anyways
 
I'm sure if you backup your setting's, you should be able to restore them from backup.
No: what I tried to make clear, is that for the next release (version 2.3) you should not restore your settings.
The reason for that is the same as the reason the image should be flashed: there are too many changes, and restoring has already proven to give many problems.
 
backup settings

is there a guide/list of folders/files that should be checked & backed up?
 
Is there any improvement due with the handling of USB DTT? I have a Hauppauge Nova-T and using VIX supplied drivers when zapping back and forth between Sat channels and DTT channels eventually (within 4 or 5 channel changes) when switching back to the DTT channel I get the permanent VIX spinner and have to power the box off and on again. I had thought this related to the timeshift being recorded to another USB device and switched timeshift off entirely - this improved matters but still the problem happened occasionally.

I switched to a different driver provided by
Code:
www.italysat.it
which resolved the permanent spinner problem - however now, occasionally, I switch to a DTT channel and it is jumping/repeating the same piece of the program over an over. I can switch to other sat channels OK but when this occurs I need to restart the box to clear the problem.

So - any improvement on DTT drivers in the new upcoming image?

p.s. I should point out I have a dm800 with the latest PLI image using a similar USB DTT stick and don't have these problems with it...
 
Last edited:
I'll second your comments Guff-Daddy. I have the dual tuner version and have similar symptoms. I also switched to ItalySat drivers but still have the same recurrences. I've increased the recording mux buffer and also set the box to re-boot every morning. This latter change has reduced problems. Seems like a memory leak (works very well for a while but eventually falls over).

Andy Blac has called for volunteers to provide support at the driver level for Vix. I don't know that anyone has stepped up and Andy seems to be saying that it is not his baileywick. So I too hope for some progress but fear that these nitty gritty areas of Vix might fester on for a while. Hope I'm wrong:)

It is interesting that your DM800 is stable. I might have to dig out my old DM7025 and see if I can run this thing off a Usb1.1 port... when I've got time.
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top