Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Adding FTP User Account to specific Directory

  • Thread starter Thread starter Louigi
  • Start date Start date
L

Louigi

Guest
Hi there

I've been able to login via FTP to vusolo2 using root with password I set using telnet. I mainly use it to transfer files (movies/photos/etc) from laptop to vu box.

My Question

I've created another FTP user via telnet. Is it possible to allow that user access to only the Movies directory on the vu box? For example to allow family to download movies remotely? I've read quite a few solutions for this, but I cannot seem to get it working. I've followed all steps here:

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/83221/how-to-create-a-ftp-user-with-specific-dir-access-only-on-a-centos-linux-ins?rq=1

What I did

1) Edited vsftpd.conf file to allow
Code:
chroot_local_user=YES
2) Set the home directory of the new user with the following command
Code:
usermod -d /media/hdd/videos/movies username

When I try to login with new user, it doesn't login to /media/hdd/videos/movie directory. Instead, it logs in to the root where all files & folders are visible.

Anyone know what I may be missing or if it is possible?

Thanks in advance guys
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top