Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Advanced Movie selection

  • Thread starter Thread starter ra28uk
  • Start date Start date
R

ra28uk

Guest
Hi all. I heard that Advanced Movie selection is a great plugin for all your movies. I looked in the vix server and couldn't find it, so I found it online and ftp'd to /tmp and installed that way.
When I rebooted it had a bad magic number error.
Any idea what has gone wrong and how I can install this plugin?
Thanks for your help
 
Hi all. I heard that Advanced Movie selection is a great plugin for all your movies. I looked in the vix server and couldn't find it, so I found it online and ftp'd to /tmp and installed that way.
When I rebooted it had a bad magic number error.
Any idea what has gone wrong and how I can install this plugin?
Thanks for your help

You will need to find a version compiled for python 2.7 it will have mips32el in the name.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
 
And above that: the plugin is meant for bare images; most of the functionality is embedded in ViX.

Will move this to the ViX-section.....
 
Oh well, guess I'll have to install tspanel and try and find it on there.
I can't find a download link that works anywhere.
 
Oh well, guess I'll have to install tspanel and try and find it on there.
I can't find a download link that works anywhere.
So you haven't read what I told?
And I forgot to say that AM isn't even compatible with ViX; it adds non-compatible systemfiles.

And TS-panel is another one the will bring you trouble: as it's not compatible with ViX, it has been removed from or feeds.
 
Yes I did read what you said, but from the screenshots I've seen of advanced movie selection, it appears very different to the vix functionality.
Movie cover artwork, descriptions, etc.
Is there some way of getting artwork, etc from the vix image?
 
There's no cover art in ViX, but I think the rest of 'etc.' is there.
Anyway: Advanced Movie Center is simply not compatible.
 
Last edited:
Thanks. Unfortunately the cover art is essential, I have 2 young kids that can't read yet but know how to use my stb. So to make It easier for them to know which movie is which the cover art is necessary.
Are there any compatible plugins which will enable this?
 
Yes: there is 'Project Valerie'. Best Google for it (and be prepared to spend some time to adjust it to your wishes).
As always: make a backup of your system before doing experiments like this.
 
I've just been pointed to the plugin 'MovieBrowser' that seems to be doing exactly what you want.
I gave it a try and it seems to be working fine.
You can install the attached plugin or await it to be added to the feeds.
 

Attachments

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top