hi all any advice would be great as im wanting to get the vu+duo from this site but wanting to know which is the best software to have put on either the vix team,blackhole,vti,openpli or vu+offical software for use with ccam or ncamd if any one could let me know that would be great then will be ordering of world of satellite thanks
I tend to agree with the other guys - VIX image seems to be more user friendly. More customization options.
IMO, I would rank the images you mentioned this way;
- Vu+Duo original image; is very basic, very hard to customize as per your own tastes/needs. It is like a bare-bone PC
- VTi seems rock solid to me, they come up with updates/upgrades quite often. I did try it several times (when I had glitches/bugs with VIX/PLi). THeir latest version (3.2( has nice features to tweak around your box.
I big plus is the fact that VTi has softcams in their repository sites - hence easy to install the softcam of your choice. They also have some customized 'double softcams' for i.e. cccam and oscam. But on the other hand, IMO it does not have a very good media player, neither a nice UI EPG.
- PLi very similar to VIX image (since months now VIX is based on PLi open source)
- VIX for me is the winner, because it seems that the guys (of this forum) spent hours of programming/beta testing to deliver a very polished image - very user friendly, intuitive interfaces, nicely laid out menu trees - seems like everything is thought to give you the best possible with the least buttons pressed. The VIX HD skin for me is the best skin yet. VIX EPG is the best yet simple EPG out there. VIX media player seems to play better than the other images - I love the way it handles the subtitles when playing avi or mkv files.
- Blackhole and other images - never tried.
If I would compare this images with cars, I would say that;
Vu+ original image is like a Skoda Yeti - it is 4x4, but it just takes you to the destination
VTi - is like Freelander 2, raw speed and good in handling, but somehow feel clogged up with not much needed menus/tweaks
PLi - is like a Ford Kuga, very nice handling, fun to drive - but somehow feels like cheaply build.
VIX - is like a Audi Q5 - feels great to drive, it handles nicely in and off road, it is very fast and it has smooth engine and very sweet gear changes. And yes, it is a luxury car as well.
guess which car I am driving...
