Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Amazon Instant Video on VIX

  • Thread starter Thread starter ianc1990
  • Start date Start date
I

ianc1990

Guest
Hi Guys,

I'm not sure if this is being posted in the correct section so if not, mods, please move it to the correct location for me.

I recently started a prime instant video trial but I have no way to stream this to my TV seeing they do not support chromecast. I turned to the trusty VIX install on my Solo2 that always manages to do just about anything I want it to, but I cannot seem to find a plugin for prime instant video. I also tried a search on the forum but turns up no results - An advanced Google search gave me a single result where someone asked the question 10(ish) months ago but he only got a "no" with no detail :)

So the question is - does anyone know if amazon instant video support will be coming to the VIX image in the near future or is there a plugin I could get that anyone is aware of?

Thanks
Ian
 
No plugin yet that I'm aware of anyway.
Have you tried installing HbbTV from the plugin feeds & using Opera? doubtful it will work but worth a try.
 
I dont know what security measures they take to protect their content but as it is a paid for service I very much doubt it will be coming to any of our opensource based receivers or images any time soon if ever. It's just not commercially viable for these big companies to provide support for our chosen platform, as for some clever dev doing it him self, again I doubt that very much as it will be heavily tied down with one or another method of DRM.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top