Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Autotimers and series link info

  • Thread starter Thread starter flyferrari
  • Start date Start date
I missed the first half of Great British Bake Off because they changed the bast*rd title by adding final! so my autotimer didn't work :(

I would be more than happy to contribute (say £20) to a developer fund to get series link recording capability, there is certainly interest in this area :)
 
... it nearly caught me out as well, but I spotted it in time.
 
I missed the first half of Great British Bake Off because they changed the bast*rd title by adding final! so my autotimer didn't work :(

I would be more than happy to contribute (say £20) to a developer fund to get series link recording capability, there is certainly interest in this area :)

Prefix titles with "New:" , swapping "and" with "&" and other lazy editing means that exact matching will miss a timer now and then.

Better to do "partial match" for most timers and set "case insensitive search".

Set "require description to be unique" maybe though I have not yet.
 
One of our boxes recorded Bake off the other didn't, one was set to exact match, the other was set to start's with, although if they had changed it to - 'New - The Great British Bake Off' it still wouldn't have recorded.
i think this crid implementation would be great if it works.
 
Prefix titles with "New:" , swapping "and" with "&" and other lazy editing means that exact matching will miss a timer now and then.

Better to do "partial match" for most timers and set "case insensitive search".

Set "require description to be unique" maybe though I have not yet.

Not sure that the partial match does quite what you expect - I suspect the whole of the AutoTimer name has to appear somewhere in the programme name to get a "hit", so doesn't cope with the "and/&" problem, or "New:" or "!" in the AutoTimer name but not in the programme name (but would be more than happy to be put right!). It would be nice if "New" ( as us ex-Toppy users are used to) and all the odd characters were stripped out of each before the "partial" comparison.

EMJB
 
Partial match works perfectly and I have all my AT set to PT, across 3 boxes and probably 50 AT I have few failures. To make doubly sure description is not set to unique, for me it's not a problem as enough tuners but can see would be issue on single twin tuner with lots of AT's

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
 
Not sure that the partial match does quite what you expect - I suspect the whole of the AutoTimer name has to appear somewhere in the programme name to get a "hit", so doesn't cope with the "and/&" problem, or "New:" or "!" in the AutoTimer name but not in the programme name (but would be more than happy to be put right!).
You're right.
However, to record "Now and Then" or "Now & Then" (say) you could add a partial match for Now, then add a Filter to only include things with Then in the title.
I do this to with the Big Bang Theory to only get the latest series episode. It currently has a filter for S10 on ShortDescription (was S9 when I first set it up).
 
You're right.
However, to record "Now and Then" or "Now & Then" (say) you could add a partial match for Now, then add a Filter to only include things with Then in the title.
I do this to with the Big Bang Theory to only get the latest series episode. It currently has a filter for S10 on ShortDescription (was S9 when I first set it up).

With my viewing habits, this sort of complication is getting near the point where it is easier to sit down once a week and set up the short/medium length series timers manually (with VPS selected), which I do anyway in order to find/record the one-off programmes, and restrict AutoTimers to the very long series such as Coronation Street. Perhaps, however, it is just that on my Toppy I have been spoiled by one button set up of AutoTimer-equivalents from the EPG which have a very high hit, very low miss, and very low duplicate rates without any further tweaking.

EMJB
 
@EMJB - I've had similar good experience in the past with the Humax Foxsat series link and "exact record" - no ad padding so no need to step through 2-3 minutes of filler beforehand - 99.9% success rate. That being said, the autotimer on the ViX image is pretty darn good and very flexible. My only issues with it have been where I've used the default "exact match" and been caught out with "New:" or similar. So "operator error" mostly :p
 
That being said, the autotimer on the ViX image is pretty darn good and very flexible.
Whereas I'd agree, I did have one circumstance where it failed: Channel5's broadcast of The Championship and Goal Rush which used to produce tuner conflicts with other Saturday night broadcasts. It was repeated several times, but each one had a slightly different description (which differed by more than the difference between successive different broadcasts). In the end I added my own extensions to be able to classify all EPG matches within a configurable time-frame (<n> hours from hh:mm on DoW) as the same programme. (Then the channel showed up on an HD mux and the tuner clashes went away).

There are things like "The Fall". Which you set up to record on a Thursday night, but the last episode gets broadcast on a Friday. With a Series Link you wouldn't need to remember.
 
The Fall is that odd exception that Series Link would cover. Which is why I opened the thread on the developer forum to see if it is possible to extract that CRID data from the EPG table and use it to schedule recordings...
 
There are things like "The Fall". Which you set up to record on a Thursday night, but the last episode gets broadcast on a Friday. With a Series Link you wouldn't need to remember.
Thanks for that! (And tonight's the Friday.)
 
Hi,

The link to the first post in the thread is http://beyonwiz.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=10773 . ;) I don't think you need an account to read the thread but I am not sure (as I am a local ;)). As Abu noted, if you want to contribute then try and create an account. If you are geo-blocked let me know your IP address and I will try and get you in. (Things will be difficult if you have a dynamic IP. ;)) On the Beyonwiz forum I am IanSav here I am ISOz.

Our initial investigations indicate that the data Abu provided for UK stations is similar to / compatible with the Australian data. If anyone has an INI based box they may even be able to run the test code posted in the Beyonwiz forum thread. If you want to build the test code on another box ask Prl (on the Beyonwiz forum) and he should be able to make the source code available.

Regards,
Ian.
 
@Ian - just seeing this now. I'll give the thread a look and possibly set up an account, but not until Wednesday GMT - so in about 24 hours from this post. The UK and IE CRID systems are similar but subtly different in how the CRIDs are identified in the tables. I can get dumps of example CRIDs from UK DVB-S (SKY/Freesat) and Irish DVB-T (Saorview) systems.

ps - just tried the link and got a "permanent ban" on my IP. :fart2:
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top