Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

best and cheapest box with LCD display ?

bellejt

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2013
Messages
2,254
Reaction score
54
Points
48
Age
65
what is the best box at the moment who is like the Vu+ Duo2 ? I do not need any tuners because I use it as a secondary bix in the bethroom with remote channel stream on ethernet.I prefer openvix as image.NO HDD necessairy
 
The LX3 is a very good receiver and in my opinion just as good as the Duo2 but it has 2 built in sat tuners
 
not what I meant by cheapest box.I already have a VU+duo2 with 4 tuners.Is cheaper than LX3.I just want a box (even without incorporated tuners) with LCD display.Thought of a vu solo2 or somthing like that box.Needs to run VIX.Thx for reply anyway.
 
The cheapest receiver you can get with a built in LCD would be a second hand QB Quad (not the QB Quad plus as thats a different receiver and more expensive). you only tend to find LCD's on the more expensive receivers from the GB Quad upwards.

The solo2 does not have a LCD, try looking for a second hand receiver with a damaged tuner or maybe something like a Vu+ Uno without tuner at all.
 
ok thx will look at that.Would the gigableu 800 HD be a good one for remotestreaming in HD ?
 
Any enigma 2 based receiver can stream HD channels just fine using the remote stream channel convert plugin, I used to stream from a Vu+ Ultimo to a Vu+ Uno without problems.
 
cheap but VFD Display.No LCD :amen:
 
cheap but VFD Display.No LCD :amen:

As I said you wont get a receiver with a built in LCD for cheap, maybe if you can pick up a second hand GB Quad but certainly not new. or you could buy a external LCD and adapt it to use with the receiver your self.
 
my budget may vary to 250 euro's.So I will be looking at several sites for a second hand receiver (without tuners).The gigablues are in that range aspecially the 800 range.I will have a go as you say to look at youtube for adaptation to LCD display.Thx :thumbsup:
 
my budget may vary to 250 euro's.So I will be looking at several sites for a second hand receiver (without tuners).The gigablues are in that range aspecially the 800 range.I will have a go as you say to look at youtube for adaptation to LCD display.Thx :thumbsup:

There is a rather large thread about that on I.H.A.D, which was a big thing prior to LCD's being fitted to some receivers as standard.
 
just found a site in Belgium where I can buy a VU+ duo2 for 284 euro (without tuners). Could anybody confirm if this box will work as remote without a tuner onboard ?
 
just found a site in Belgium where I can buy a VU+ duo2 for 284 euro (without tuners). Could anybody confirm if this box will work as remote without a tuner onboard ?

you can use it as a "client" and stream to it but without tuners you would not be able to use it as a "server" IE stream channels from it.
 
oke fine.Use it only as a secondary box.will buy that one then.Is even good if my main VU+ duo2 would have a problem.
 
It's a bit expensive though just to use as a secondary receiver for receiving remote streams.
 
bought a vu+ duo2 single tuner for only 319 euro.Brand new from store and 3 years warranty.Thx for all the replys.Merry christmas and happy new year.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top