Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET9x00] Best way to stream from ET9x00 VIX?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrianFWombat
  • Start date Start date
B

BrianFWombat

Guest
Hi

I have an ET9x00 with VIX that works very nicely but I would like to be able to stream recorded TS files from the ET9x00 to a media player (cheapo Sumavision MKV) and to my PC. All these devices are connected via 500Mbps powerline and the signal quality is indicated at 80-100% good.

I set up samba on the ET9x00 and can connect from the other devices but the playback is not great. Lots of stuttering.

The PC is Windows 7 (32bit) and I've tweaked various things including autosense, rds, etc but still not really working very well.

Is VIX ET9200 capable of doing what I'm trying to achieve? Do I need to tweak Samba or use some other sharing mechanism?

TIA
BfW
 
Stuttering is usually down to the connection speed, and powerline is just not upto it.
 
It would be worth checking that the suma actually plays the .ts files ok from a local disk. This will rule out the actual player as the cause of the stuttering.
Copy one SD & HD to a USB a try playing those.
 
Forgot to add SD works OK. HD just doesn't cope.

If I file copy the whole file and watch later it seems to work but it just can't seem to keep up with HD via Samba/CIFs.

Is this just not do-able, even with 500Mbps powerline/homeplug?

TIA
BfW
 
I found
Code:
[URL]http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/multimedia-voip/multimedia-voip-features/31416-three-stream-n-for-hd-streaming-close-but-no-cigar[/URL]

Looks like I am trying to achieve the impossible. :(

Thanks anyway,
BfW
 
Last edited by a moderator:
500mps is more than enough bandwidth. The real question is what performance you actually achieve reliably.
SMB/CIFS is also more than capable of distributing an HD stream.

I know many people who have had issues with homeplugs stuttering as the performance depends on how good your electrical circuit is. For streaming you need a consistently good connection with no dropouts, this is not the same as doing a file copy.

My advice would be to use a good old network cable, test with this and them work out what you can do from there.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top