Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

"Blank" or "missing" channels

  • Thread starter Thread starter rudiger1968
  • Start date Start date
R

rudiger1968

Guest
Hi All

Complete newbie here, so apologies in advance...

I have a new Vu+ Solo box which a friend set up for me. Everything seems to be working fine, apart from what I can only describe as a dozen or so 'blank' or missing channels.

For example, if I press the TV button on my remote, select Sky Sports, and then try to view Sky Sports 1 HD, all I get is a black screen. However, if I repeat the process and select the red 'All' option Sky Sports 1 HD is now listed three times, one of which works.

My question whether I can force the active version of the channel to appear in my EPG.

Also, any advice on how I can pick up the other missing channels, which aren't listed multiple times (e.g. Channel 5 HD), when pressing the red 'All' option.

Many thanks...and sorry if I'm doing something dumb.
 
What image & build number are you using?
Do you have a local card in the box?
How are you generating your channel/bouquet lists?

So many questions before anyone can offer any help...
 
I agree with judge without the image we defiantly can not help, if for example you are using VIX image there is an excellent plugin called autobouquet that can be downloaded direct from menu...
 
Sorry for the lack of clarity...I did say I was a newbie, so please be gentle!

Trebor300 - I found the autobouquet function last night, so I guess that means I'm using VIX?

I think I'm 90% there...it's just this issue with channels that I can't access immediately from the EPG that's bothering me. The red 'All' button provides a work-around for Sky Sports 1 HD, as pressing it brings up a list where Sky Sports 1 HD is listed three times. Same with Sky Sports News HD, although there are only two channels to choose from. No such luck with Channel 5 HD, as that only appears on the list once.

Adding the 'working' channels to my favourites provides a work around of sorts, but that doesn't help if I want to set up a timed recording in advance from my EPG - as all I record is a blank screen!

Grrrr...I'm confused!
 
Problem sorted. Had to shuffle a few things around within the bouquet.

It's all a bit confusing for a newbie!
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top