Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Booting time

  • Thread starter Thread starter leonskaja
  • Start date Start date
L

leonskaja

Guest
Hi,

I have been playing with my new Solo2 for a few days now. As soon as I got it I replaced the standard image with VIX and so far I am quite pleased with it except for one thing and that is the booting time, both from scratch and from deep standby. I timed it and it takes 3 minutes and 50 seconds to boot. I think that is unacceptably long and wonder if something is wrong. Everything else seems to work fine. Apart from a weather plug-in and those that came with the image I do not have any others installed. I do record and backup to a NAS but even after I disabled that it made no difference at all. There is no internal hard disk or USB disk attached. I would welcome any suggestions.

PS. I am not sure how to perform a flash with/without settings restore.
 
That is indeed far too long. A probable cause is that the box is looking for mounts that are not available at boot time.
Please upload your automounts.xml (from etc/enigma2) and your fstab (from etc/), so we can have a look.
 
Ben blij dat dit inderdaad niet in de haak is. Rob have you read my PS ... and you expect me to find these files deeply buried in the linux system? Anyway, I'll do my best.
 
Also: is any USB-stick connected to the box on boot? If so, please disconnect and see how you go from there.

You can use any FTP-client to copy the files to your PC.
 
Boot time

Hi Rob,

Here are the two files you requested. As you can see I am using the NAS again but as I noted earlier, when I disabled it the boot time was just as long (I timed it). No, as I also stated in the first mail, I do not have a USB stick attached).

PS. Files deleted again.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You have an entry
Code:
192.168.0.0:/	/media/net/nfs_netdev,rw,nolock,tcp,nfsvers=3,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,fg,soft,intr	0 0
Is that a valid and useful mount?
 
I do not think so. AFAIK none of my network addresses use 192.168.0.XXXX. Where does it come from and how do I delete it?

I checked the mounts in the Mount Manager under Network and the only one listed there is the NAS. Mounts under VIX lists nothing.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea where it stems from. But looking for a mount that is not available is a common cause for a long boot time.

To delete it:
1- stop E2 ('init 4' in telnet)
2- edit the file fstab (remove the wrong entry)
3- reboot ('init 6' in telnet)

and don't forget to clock the boot time :)
 
Thanks Rob. I am not sure how to stop E2 ("init 4" in Telnet means nothing to me). Can't I just edit FSTAB on my PC and copy it back again?
 
I am stuck because I do not know how to edit FSTAB. Is there a (Telnet) program that will allow me to do that on a PC or Mac?

Is there another way of updating fstab? (Reflash?)
 
Rob,

Thanks a lot, the culprit was indeed this weird and unexplained mount. I deleted it and ftped the file back to a running Solo2 and after rebooting (I had to wait until a recoding was finished) it started up in a fraction of the time (40 secs or so). Wonderful!
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top