Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

bootloader-20111210-et5x00 and VIX 2.3

  • Thread starter Thread starter kira
  • Start date Start date
K

kira

Guest
Hi
I have the newest bootloader 10.12.2011 installed (bootloader-20111210-et5x00.zip) on my ET5000 (together with OpenPli image) taken from the official Xtrend support forum
- Does every image team produce own bootloader or it comes from the box manufacture?
- Do I need to reinstall the new bootloader from your site et5000-bootloader.zip‎ to be able to install VIX 2.3 image?
- Can I go back / reinstall OpenPli image after playing with VIX 2.3?

Thanks
 
Last edited by a moderator:
the bootloader is produced by the manufacturer, you only need flash it the once. and yes if you wish you can go back to the pli image.
 
Instead of posting a link to another forum why dont you post the bootloader here? Although to be honest I would advise users to flash this with VIX until we've tested it.
 
Another thing, latest OFFICIAL bootloader is always here on the site below.

Code:
http://www.et-view.com/main.php?board=ET5000
 
See the the newest bootloader I taked from the same .de site. This is the only bootloader by the way which is available at the official german site. I've got the problem by the way already with VIX 2.3 with my bootloader. The VIX background image shows me "LOADING...". However I can access menu, but sometimes the images crashes. Just now sent you a log (_1325967972) from my box. Do you recommend to flash the older/yours bootloader 1st and then reinstall VIX 2.3? Is it safe to flash with your bootloader (means for me going back)? Thanks - Kira
 
Its not OUR bootloader we have nothing to do with the creation of bootloaders this is the manufacturers domain.
 
So you suggestion is to install your bootloader which is older than I have.
Is it safe to do this?
How I should make it since the newest bootloader installed from ET5X00 folder and your one is from ET5000 (old method).
Somewhere in your forum I saw about changing the folders. and I read a docu where stated that after BL from 29.09.2011 (exclty your ones)
you have to install new ones from folder ET5X00
Please give an advice on that
Thanks
- kira
 
Pheonix has not suggested anything about using an older bootloader and we DO NOT make the bootloader, that is Xtrend who create the BL.

If you want to use ANY of the images based on the new Kernel, than you WILL have to update your BL if not than you don't need a new bootloader.

It reads like English is not your first language have you looked in the international section so that you can post in your native tongue and post a clear thread and answers?
 
Please advise how I can install your new BL from 29.09 assuming a have the latest one from 10.12.2011.
Should I unzip it into ET5X00 folder on USB and then press UP button?
 
You flash it exactly the same as you would an image,so put ET5x00 on the root of the usb and power down and off by rocker switch and than power up and UP button.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top