Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Box Lockups

CG121

New member
Joined
Aug 12, 2011
Messages
102
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi
Anyone else getting total box lockups?

The time on the box freezes, the remote stops working, no telnet/ftp access (total network failure)..

I have been seeing this since the box was recently repaired by TM..

Sometimes the box will do this while on (you lose picture as the cam loses its network access) and has been known to fix itself after a few minutes, other times it requires a hard reset to bring it back online.

Their are no logs as the box simply freezes solid..

When in standby, does everyone else's VFD flash the power icon?

Regards
 
Now it's doing the following :(

Picture (via HDMI) goes black
Audio (via optical) goes silent
Remote stops working
No network access.

After a minute or so, some flashes of something appear on the screen, just some kind of digital noise and then after it's done that a few times, picture comes back, audio comes back, remote starts working and the network comes back up...

It's done that twice after hours of glitch free viewing..

If nobody else has this, I think it's fair to assume the TM PSU 'repair' was bodged..

Regards
 
& again, but this time I can see it's actually a frozen image of what I was watching flashing up for a millisecond, albeit with a horizontal black bar running through it...

EDIT:
After a few minutes of that, it's back again. No reboot or power down, nothing, just left it having a fit and now it's back...wtfig lol..
 
Is nobody else getting any box lockups with their Twin?

I'm beginning to think TM's repair job was not as good as they claimed :(

Pretty much every day the box locks up (the time sticks at when it crashed) but of late, telnet access has continued.

I have to telnet into the box and reboot it (or restart enigma) to get it back up. No error logs are created..

I'm going to give this one last shot and then I'm going to smash the efin thing up with a hammer and get a decent DVB-S/DVB-C/DVB-T2 box as I've had enough of this.

If nobody else has these crash issues, it must be their hardware.

Regards
CG
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top