Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET8x00] Cannot handle low signal 8PSK

twol

Moderator
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
9,637
Reaction score
218
Points
63
Location
Bavaria
I guess this is an intellectual request :) to Andy as it is not a bug as such, but possibly fixable by a change to the E2 code.

Signals from Astra 2F can be really weak in my location (less than 9dB) but channels are all receivable unless they drop below 7.0 dB
Until recently, all my (Xtrend) receivers were able to handle this issue but my new super duper ET8000 and its Samsung tuners cannot handle 8PSK at this level.

e.g. Switching to say ITV1 HD gives initially a "Service not found message", but if you wait long enough eventually it will lock and give a solid picture.
With Sat finder, you can see it not locking, then eventually a lock and dB building up to the final signal level.

Xtrend have replaced the Samsung tuners to no avail. (Typical Samsung product!)

I am assuming the E2 software code has a timer set and this is expiring prior to the tuner being able to lock...... I am sure Andy can confirm if I am correct or talking a load of rubbish.
If the former is there any way of extending the timer?
 
When I talk about signal I meant signal quality SNR 7.0 - 9.0 dB :)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top