Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Zero] Cannot play any avi or mkv files after upgrading from build 035 to 036

newty

New member
Joined
Jan 10, 2013
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I upgraded from Vix 3.2 build 035 to build 036 this morning on my VU+ Zero using the full flash then restore settings (couch method). Everything works ok, recording to my NAS and playback of recordings is ok. But I just found out that I cannot play AVI or MKV files from either my NAS or USB stick. I get a blank screen, the remote control does nothing. The FTP and the Open WebIF are still running, and I can recover by using Open WebIF and then power control - restart GUI.

I was able to play AVI and MKV files using build 035 and previous builds with no issues. I've attached a debug log, as no crash log is generated when I select a media file to play.
 

Attachments

Do you have your box refresh rate set to multi? The log indicates that your box is trying to set 1080p@24hz and is failing, this update was supposed to sort these problems but in my case it hasn't, try setting your refresh rate to 50hz or 60hz the files should now play, although they may be a little jerky.
 
...but you shouldn't need to choose 50 or 60, this gstreamer update was supposed to fix this problem...
 
why the feck does anyone want to watch a movie in 24hz? jerk ville. :)
 
why the feck does anyone want to watch a movie in 24hz? jerk ville. :)

Possibly for the same reason the film makers/distributors use 24Hz, and why all mid/high end TVs support the format.

Code:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24p
shows potential disadvantages of trying to convert 24Hz source material to other common formats.
 
Last edited:
Do you have your box refresh rate set to multi? The log indicates that your box is trying to set 1080p@24hz and is failing, this update was supposed to sort these problems but in my case it hasn't, try setting your refresh rate to 50hz or 60hz the files should now play, although they may be a little jerky.

Thanks DaMacFunkin...that was the problem. Setting the box refresh rate to 50 or 60Hz and the media files play just fine. Multi gives a blank screen...
 
Hi,
in the beginning only once. The "problem" is the optical sensor and CPU in hour heads. They are very good in computing but the speed could be better. The eye/brain combi is not really able to compute more then 25 frames a second.

ciao
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top