Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Cant remember how to fix ??

Mr. Mister

Moderator ,
Joined
Jul 14, 2010
Messages
4,936
Reaction score
22
Points
0
Age
56
Location
Northern Ireland
Hi everyone.
Got a wee slight issue. Since i installed Vix 2, when i am watching a channel for any length of time and i change channel i am getting the spinning VIX symbol for about 3-4 seconds before the channels changes. I remember having this issue before but i can remember how to fix.

Any help please on this. ?

thanks
 
have you tried updating ??

baz
 
I had a similar problem with the hard drive spinning down. When I changed the channel it was checking my hard drive (spinning VIX) for the picons before it would bring me up any options. As Sic said I'd double check if there is a picon folder on the hard drive. Even if there isn't it would be no harm adding a picon folder to your usb.
It could possibly be epg data too.
 
ok. I just noticed this. I am not sure if it has anything to do with it or not.

when i open up my HDD to view recordings, I can see directory at the very top. Which i highlight this and press ok i then see the following all listed :

MbootM
MbootUpload
backup
crossepg
imagebackups
lost+found
movie
picon
usr

and then i see epg.dat with a green dot to the left of text

Now. In Vix 1.3, i never had this before. could this have something to do with this issue. ?

There is no delete menu for this list, so its impossible to delete these.
 
ok. I just noticed this. I am not sure if it has anything to do with it or not.

when i open up my HDD to view recordings, I can see directory at the very top. Which i highlight this and press ok i then see the following all listed :

MbootM
MbootUpload
backup
crossepg
imagebackups
lost+found
movie
picon
usr

and then i see epg.dat with a green dot to the left of text

Now. In Vix 1.3, i never had this before. could this have something to do with this issue. ?

There is no delete menu for this list, so its impossible to delete these.

Are you multi-booting to did you multi-boot at some stage?

If your not multi-booting you could delete: -

MbootM
MbootUpload

Also looks like your picons are stored on your HDD, thats whats causing HDD spin up and VIX icon.
 
i think, if i recall correctly, it searches for picons weather you have any installed or not, and thus it is waking your HD to see if you have any. i will see about adding an option to turn on and off picon support, this should stop this happening

andy.
 
Thanks guys..
The only thing is that there is no way of deleting them.

when in this menu the red button is there, but its not assigned to delete the same way as the recordings..
 
Navigate to media\hdd and you should then see the picon folder, highlight it and delete.
 
Once you install the picons folder onto a usb stick and mount it, can't see an option in vix 2 image to point to the usb stick like in 1.3?

Cheers,

Kev.
 
Once you install the picons folder onto a usb stick and mount it, can't see an option in vix 2 image to point to the usb stick like in 1.3?

Cheers,

Kev.

vix 2 now support autodetect picons so no need to point anything it will find picons from where tey are installed
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top