Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] Card Reader Timeout

  • Thread starter Thread starter dezza9995
  • Start date Start date
D

dezza9995

Guest
Since updating to 2.4, I've been getting card reader errors with the internal card slots on the VU+ Duo. It happens after long periods of use, 12 hours or so. Have the drivers changed on this version as on 2.3.133 it worked fine?

The errors seem to be timeout issues reading my card. The picture freezes every second or so. I read my card in Oscam, same version I used back on 2.3 and I get the following errors;

2012/05/31 21:06:18 57E810 r ERROR in IO_Serial_Write u=0 to_send=5 (errno=0 Success)
2012/05/31 21:06:18 7610BE80 c local (****&000000/0000/****/**:****): found (95 ms) by lower_card (5 of 5)
2012/05/31 21:06:18 57E810 r [videoguard2-reader] classD0 ins40: (-2) status not ok 00 00
 
Due to the lack of other posts about this issue, I guess this isn't a common problem then and more likely an issue with the softcam. Its started to happen on image 2.3 now too when I rolled back to that. Going to try a Blackhole image instead to see if can rule out the Vix image being the issue.
 
I'm using oscam to read my local card for the last week & haven't noticed any issue like this.
Have you seen anyone report this issue on any other forums? or made any changes to your oscam config files?
 
I've made no changes to my configs, only updated Oscam version. I have tried going back to an Oscam version that I knew was working before too and the same error happens. After googling the error, there are reports of the same issue, just no solutions yet.
 
I reboot my boxes almost daily for various reasons so maybe the reason I haven't noticed?...
Does a reboot fix the issue?
When you googled the issue, what images did you notice it reported on?
 
Reboot does resolve it, however a simple restart of the reader in oscam works too. I also schedule a daily reboot at 6am every day but this fault does not appear at any set time.
 
Wish I could help you but only being using & playing with oscam for a few weeks now.
Can you post the version of oscam & the settings you're using for your local [reader] & maybe someone else will jump in...
 
Ive tried Oscam-svn6104/6302/6306/6562/6593/6620/6642/6654/6801/7037. All seem to have the same issue.

Reader config;

[reader]
label = lower_card
protocol = internal
device = /dev/sci0
caid = 0963
ecmwhitelist = 3E,42,45,47,4B,4E,56,62,64,68,6A,6F,72,7D,7E,79,80
detect = cd
mhz = 500
cardmhz = 357
group = 1
emmcache = 1,3,2
blockemm-unknown = 1
blockemm-g = 1
 
If you try a more basic [reader] do you get the same issues?

[reader]
label = lower_card
protocol = internal
device = /dev/sci0
group = 1
 
There is nothing wrong with the config you have posted but be aware that in recent weeks oscam has had some issues with the internal reader on VU only, with the latest version you listed 7037 you need to set cardmhz = 1

It would also be useful to see your conf
 
7039

-Changeset [7039] by theparasol
Changed open method for internal readers
In case of interrupted IO_Serial_Write no error simply retry again
 
had same problem. reverted to 2.3.133 and not a blip since
 
Cccam seems to be working fine and this issue has only come about recently too. This is my config which I've been for a while so may actually need adjusting;

[global]
logfile = stdout
failbantime = 3
cachedelay = 120
nice = -1
maxlogsize = 10000
preferlocalcards = 1
saveinithistory = 1
dropdups = 1
lb_nbest_readers = 2
lb_savepath =

[monitor]
hideclient_to = 15
appendchaninfo = 0

[newcamd]
port = 12345@0963:000000
key = 0102030405060708091011121314
allowed = 127.0.0.1,192.168.0.0-192.168.255.255
keepalive = 1

[cccam]
port = 11005
reshare = 1
version = 2.1.4
stealth = 1
nodeid = 924BBC53108C14BC

[dvbapi]
enabled = 1
au = 1
boxtype = dm7000
user = local

[webif]
httpport = 16002
httpuser = *******
httppwd = *************
httprefresh = 10
httpallowed = 127.0.0.1,192.168.0.0-192.168.255.255
httpdyndns = ***
httphideidleclients = 1
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Cccam seems to be working fine and this issue has only come about recently too. This is my config which I've been for a while so may actually need adjusting;

[global]
logfile = stdout
failbantime = 3
cachedelay = 120
nice = -1
maxlogsize = 10000
preferlocalcards = 1
saveinithistory = 1
dropdups = 1
lb_nbest_readers = 2
lb_savepath =

[monitor]
hideclient_to = 15
appendchaninfo = 0

[newcamd]
port = 12345@0963:000000
key = 0102030405060708091011121314
allowed = 127.0.0.1,192.168.0.0-192.168.255.255
keepalive = 1

[cccam]
port = 11005
reshare = 1
version = 2.1.4
stealth = 1
nodeid = 924BBC53108C14BC

[dvbapi]
enabled = 1
au = 1
boxtype = dm7000
user = local

[webif]
httpport = 16002
httpuser = *******
httppwd = *************
httprefresh = 10
httpallowed = 127.0.0.1,192.168.0.0-192.168.255.255
httpdyndns = ***
httphideidleclients = 1

You have boxtype set as DM7000 which is ppc, you need to select dreambox which is mips
Not sure how big an issue it could be but its the first thing I would change.

Next are you using both newcamd and CCcam protocol ?
 
Come back from work tonight and found that its not just the reader timing out, the softcam is now causing the box to run really slow when it gets this error. This must be due to the "In case of interrupted IO_Serial_Write no error simply retry again". This appears to be a oscam related issue and not the image.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top