Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] Changing date format?

  • Thread starter Thread starter bjorntj
  • Start date Start date
B

bjorntj

Guest
I don't like the date format so I have found the file I need to change to change the date format to dd.MM.yyyy and it is working fine... The problem is that this file is overwritten during updates...
Can I assume that this file is the same in all versions or do I need to change this file after every update?
btw, the file I change is /usr/share/enigma2/ViX-Common/CommonSkin.xml


BTJ
 
Any pointers to where I can find more information about this?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
 
Ok, just copied the two directories for the Night skin and renamed to my own name and changed the path used in CommonSkin and it seems to work... :)

BTJ
 
Any changes to a system file (like you did in common skin) will be lost on an update. What you should do is
1- create a 'skin_user_{name of current skin}.xml' (i.e. for ViX-Night you would have: skin_user_ViX_Night_HD.xml);
2- in that file you place all the screens you want to take precedence over the system skin;
3- ftp the file to etc/enigma2, and
4- restart E2.

Now the screens in that file will always override the screens in the skin in use. And a settings backup will save this file as well, so on a restoere you get it back, and on an image update it doesn't get lost.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top