Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[Zgemma H7] Could not set recording ending between 00:00 & 00:59 on 27/10/25

PaulFlan

New member
Joined
Oct 26, 2025
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Points
1
What type of support thread are you creating?
Possible bug
What OpenViX Image build number are you using?
6.7.020
Have you tried re-flashing WITHOUT settings restore?
NO
Have you tried re-flashing WITH a settings restore?
NO
Sunday 26/10 was the time change from BST to GMT

I tried to schedule a recording yesterday from the EPG for a programme starting at 23:30 and ending at 00:20. After setting the recording it did not appear on the list of scheduled recordings.

I did some troubleshooting and discovered that if a recording ended at 00:xx the end time would automatically be changed to 23:xx when I saved. If the duration was less than an hour it would not appear as a timer.

I could set a timer which started at 00:xx and ended at 00:yy on Mon 27/10 OK.
I could set a timer which started before midnight and ended at 01:00 or later on Mon 27/10 OK.

I could set timers OK on other dates which span midnight.

I suspect that this is an artefact related to 26/10 having 25 hours in local time because of the clock change.
 
I too had a funny on that night. The C4 Grand Prix highlights were on at like 1am till 3am or something silly. When it was set to record it wanted to set a recording for about 6 programs afterwards at the same time, even though the end time was clearly about 3am (can't remember precicely). Its like it got a bit confused but because of the clock change I forgave it, deleted the recording schedule and decided not to risk leaving it to make an almighty mess :-) It is only one night a year and not worth trying to debug and fix for next year. Afterall - if Putin and Trump have their way there may not be a next year - Ha ha ha....

Paul
 
I too had a funny on that night. The C4 Grand Prix highlights were on at like 1am till 3am or something silly.
My AutoTimer had no problem with this.
It set a recording from 00:27 to 01:55.
 
Wierd!
Impossible to diagnose though but wierd all the same

cheers,
Paul
 
I too, had no issues with autotimers or timed recordings including F1 Mexico over the clock change. The EPG and associated timers all use UTC for scheduling, so the clock change only affects the display of times. I've never had issues with recordings over the clock changes in the 10+ years I've been using OpenVix. My test boxes wake from deep standby each day at a particular time to do EPG refreshes and ABM updates and even handled the 25 hour interval between 5.30 pm Sat BST and 5.30 pm Sun GMT without issue. Yet regularly, users report issues around the March and October changes.
 
On the subject of timers straddling midnight, but not associated explicitly with BST changes.
A few weeks ago I noticed an anomaly with a split timer where the first part was set but not the second part. The two parts were separated by an intermission program straddling midnight. The timer was set by an auto timer. Unfortunately I didn't note the date at the time, but a date change between the two parts of the timer is probably the culprit. My ViX version is 6.7.013.
 
On the subject of timers straddling midnight, but not associated explicitly with BST changes.
A few weeks ago I noticed an anomaly with a split timer where the first part was set but not the second part. The two parts were separated by an intermission program straddling midnight. The timer was set by an auto timer.
I presume the start time range for the AutoTimer covered the start of the first part, but not the second?
 
There was no time range at all, its a simple autotimer picking up any instance of the match.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top