Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[Zgemma H7] crash when deleting a recording from /media/hdd/movie/

tko1

New member
Joined
Nov 1, 2021
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Possible bug, but more likely something I have made inconsistent.

This started happening recently, hard drive had become full. I couldn't delete via the zgemma. I used my laptop to clear down from recordings. plugged in back in an get an error like this every time I try to delete a recording via zgemma

< 51482.954933> 09:34:46.7752 [MovieSelection] Couldn't delete '/media/hdd/movie/20241212 2059 - BBC One NW HD - MasterChef The Professionals.ts'. cannot import name 'delResumePoint' from 'Screens.InfoBarGenerics' (/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/InfoBarGenerics.pyc)
< 51482.956172> 09:34:46.7764 Traceback (most recent call last):
< 51482.956483> 09:34:46.7767 File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/StartEnigma.py", line 73, in processDelay
< 51482.958502> 09:34:46.7788 callback(*retval)
< 51482.959208> 09:34:46.7795 File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/MovieSelection.py", line 2314, in <lambda>
< 51482.964552> 09:34:46.7848 callback = lambda confirmed: self.__permanentDeleteListConfirmed(delList, confirmed) # noqa: E731
< 51482.965635> 09:34:46.7859 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
< 51482.966111> 09:34:46.7864 File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/MovieSelection.py", line 2429, in __permanentDeleteListConfirmed
< 51482.969633> 09:34:46.7899 msg = _("Couldn't delete '%s'.") % failedList[0] if failedCount == 1 else _("Couldn't delete %d items.") % failedCount
< 51482.970481> 09:34:46.7907 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
< 51482.970845> 09:34:46.7911 TypeError: not all arguments converted during string formatting

I did upgrade packages, but didn't reflash I as I am sure this is a data consistency error.
 

Attachments

Possible bug, but more likely something I have made inconsistent.

This started happening recently, hard drive had become full. I couldn't delete via the zgemma. I used my laptop to clear down from recordings. plugged in back in an get an error like this every time I try to delete a recording via zgemma

< 51482.954933> 09:34:46.7752 [MovieSelection] Couldn't delete '/media/hdd/movie/20241212 2059 - BBC One NW HD - MasterChef The Professionals.ts'. cannot import name 'delResumePoint' from 'Screens.InfoBarGenerics' (/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/InfoBarGenerics.pyc)
< 51482.956172> 09:34:46.7764 Traceback (most recent call last):
< 51482.956483> 09:34:46.7767 File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/StartEnigma.py", line 73, in processDelay
< 51482.958502> 09:34:46.7788 callback(*retval)
< 51482.959208> 09:34:46.7795 File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/MovieSelection.py", line 2314, in <lambda>
< 51482.964552> 09:34:46.7848 callback = lambda confirmed: self.__permanentDeleteListConfirmed(delList, confirmed) # noqa: E731
< 51482.965635> 09:34:46.7859 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
< 51482.966111> 09:34:46.7864 File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/MovieSelection.py", line 2429, in __permanentDeleteListConfirmed
< 51482.969633> 09:34:46.7899 msg = _("Couldn't delete '%s'.") % failedList[0] if failedCount == 1 else _("Couldn't delete %d items.") % failedCount
< 51482.970481> 09:34:46.7907 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
< 51482.970845> 09:34:46.7911 TypeError: not all arguments converted during string formatting

I did upgrade packages, but didn't reflash I as I am sure this is a data consistency error.

OK, not sure how to get put of this other than rename movie folder on HDD and let system on reboot add directory.
 
OK, not sure how to get put of this other than rename movie folder on HDD and let system on reboot add directory.
Well, the code shouldn't assume that file system entries have utf8 names. Linux filenames are just a series of bytes - any bytes.
 
Well, the code shouldn't assume that file system entries have utf8 names. Linux filenames are just a series of bytes - any bytes.
This crash is argument conversion. What makes you think it is related to non-utf8 encoding?
 
This crash is argument conversion. What makes you think it is related to non-utf8 encoding?
Possibly this:

TypeError: not all arguments converted during string formatting
but I suppose it could be that parameter was None.

But an error/warning report that produces an error is still a bug.
 
I reflashed with 6.7 and all is good. Many thanks @huevos
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top