Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[Venton Unibox HDx] Cron timer

  • Thread starter Thread starter reeves1985
  • Start date Start date
R

reeves1985

Guest
Hoping someone can help me.

I'm trying to setup a cron timer for she'll script to run.
It's a top picks script and scrape for images in a skin I'm using (SkyQ skin)

I can run the script via script runner no problem but when I go to cron timer it doesn't show in the pre defined list it's just empty.

Now I know that the script works and it also works with Bix 3.2 build 73 with the same skin as I had it running on a venton eco+ box

So I know the script isn't a problem and that also it's located in the correct folder.

Has the location of where cron timer looks for she'll scripts changed in the latest vix 4.2 image.

Because other than that I'm a little stumped

All permissions are set correctly
 
I can run the script via script runner no problem but when I go to cron timer it doesn't show in the pre defined list it's just empty.
Why would you expect your script to show up in a pre-defined list?

...So I know the script isn't a problem and that also it's located in the correct folder.
Are you assuming that Script Runner and cron use the same directory for files?
They don't.
Has the location of where cron timer looks for she'll scripts changed in the latest vix 4.2 image.
No.
So where have you put your script?
Another relevant thing here is that you don't add your script to cron. You add a command to crontab to run your script (which can be anywhere, and certainly shouldn't be in the crontabs directory)

EDIT: Just been looking through the source.

Script Runner uses /usr/script, CronTimer uses /usr/scripts.
I don't think either of these has changed recently.
 
Last edited:
Script Runner uses /usr/script, CronTimer uses /usr/scripts.
I don't think either of these has changed recently.
Script Runner dropped the s on Jan14, 2013. It was marked as fixing a typo. Which implies that they are intentionally different.
 
Script Runner dropped the s on Jan14, 2013. It was marked as fixing a typo. Which implies that they are intentionally different.

Thanks
What I meant was as you mentioned the command cron.

The only reason why I asked about the command being in the pre defined part of the timer is because on the other 2 receivers I have which are both venton eco+ boxes use the same skin but have that last supported 3.2 073 build image running
The command showed up in the pre defined list
Which on the latest 4.2 build it doesn't

***Edit***

You were correct the command script needed moving into the use/scripts folder

Now it shows up to be able to select when I choose the pre defined option.

Perfect

Thank you very much
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Seem to have another problem

I've set the cron timer but it doesn't execute the command at the set time

If I manually call the command the script itself runs as it should.

A bit of head scratching here

I've run the
opkg update && opkg install busybox-cron command from telnet but it has made no difference
 
Seem to have another problem

I've set the cron timer but it doesn't execute the command at the set time
Sorry - missed this when posted.

If you haven't sort it out, run:
Code:
crontab -l
and post the output here, along with what times you expect the thing to actually run.

(Posting this has reminded me I still have a crontab in place, which won't do anything as I've removed busybox-cron.)
 
Sorry - missed this when posted.

If you haven't sort it out, run:
Code:
crontab -l
and post the output here, along with what times you expect the thing to actually run.

(Posting this has reminded me I still have a crontab in place, which won't do anything as I've removed busybox-cron.)

Thanks for the reply
Its turned out the script was fine it was a problem with the permissions for whatever reason it reverted to have no executable rights but wouldn't change.

Got there in the end with it after using numerous ftp programs and the telnet commands it finally stuck and works perfectly
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top