Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Customising Image

  • Thread starter Thread starter joetwizzy
  • Start date Start date
J

joetwizzy

Guest
To what extent can the image be customised? I am looking at trying to remove the VCR scart option in the menu due to it being accidentally pressed on occasions. And maybe tweek a few little things? Are there any user adjustable files?

THANKS1
 
To what extent can the image be customised? I am looking at trying to remove the VCR scart option in the menu due to it being accidentally pressed on occasions. And maybe tweek a few little things? Are there any user adjustable files?

THANKS1

If you know your way around python you can customize quite a bit of the image to your liking.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
 
sadly it's not really a area that i am particularity familiar with but some one like rob van der does may be able to help a bit more.
 
There are two plugins I use for that purpose: 'PluginHider' & 'Menusort'. The combination of the two of them perfectly suits my 'need' to customise and sort all menu-items.
As both plugins have a license that don't allow us to add them to the feeds, you'll have to search a bit to find them. Once installed, just add the two folder locations (/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MenuSort & /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/pluginhider) to your settings backup, and you'll always have them available.

Pluginhider adds the option to hide all plugins from the pluginbrowser. I use that, as many plugins shouldn't be used by a casual box-user. If I want to use any of those hidden plugins, I open plugin-hider.

Menusort can be used twofold:
1- To hide menu-items (like VCR-scart, Factoryreset etc). If one would like to use one of those hidden menu-entries, one can use this plugin to open them.
2- To re-order the sorting of the items in any (sub-)menu
 
@andyblac .. I used that file and it did get rid of the VCR scart option but it also made my box crash when I went into the settings menu.
 
@andyblac .. I used that file and it did get rid of the VCR scart option but it also made my box crash when I went into the settings menu.

Upload the crash log here and maybe Andy can give you a revised edition.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
 
Hi,

Trying to install these plugins on my ET8000, not sure where they go and in what format, can you help please?


There are two plugins I use for that purpose: 'PluginHider' & 'Menusort'. The combination of the two of them perfectly suits my 'need' to customise and sort all menu-items.
As both plugins have a license that don't allow us to add them to the feeds, you'll have to search a bit to find them. Once installed, just add the two folder locations (/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MenuSort & /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/pluginhider) to your settings backup, and you'll always have them available.

Pluginhider adds the option to hide all plugins from the pluginbrowser. I use that, as many plugins shouldn't be used by a casual box-user. If I want to use any of those hidden plugins, I open plugin-hider.

Menusort can be used twofold:
1- To hide menu-items (like VCR-scart, Factoryreset etc). If one would like to use one of those hidden menu-entries, one can use this plugin to open them.
2- To re-order the sorting of the items in any (sub-)menu
 
You might have a better chance of an answer by starting a new thread. You do realise this one hasn't been active for almost 5 years :coffin:
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top